The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Amazon Uses CA Affiliates as Pawns in their Tax Fight - PULL YOUR AMAZON LINKS

Linda Buquet

affiliate
Danny Sullivan captures the essence of SO many of the frustrating issues surrounding this whole crappy nexus tax fight - especially the way that Amazon handles relationships with affiliates.

One good point he makes that I haven't thought about yet... <strong>All these terminated affiliates have links that just aren't going to come down. Many affiliates have multiple sites with hundreds or thousands of Amazon links. Most affiliates are too busy to pull links anyway PLUS will be scrambling to deal with the domino effect that is sure to follow from this unjust California tax law that is about to effect their business. Amazon will just continue to profit UNJUSTLY from Affiliates that don't have time to track down and remove all the links. </strong>

Danny makes so many good points and really summarizes this issue well. Read it, weigh in, reblog/tweet this to show your support for Danny's open letter.

<strong>And for God's sake - PULL ALL YOUR AMAZON LINKS! </strong>They should not profit from your efforts after they royally screw you. SCREW THEM!

<strong><a href="http://daggle.com/open-letter-jeff-bezos-terminating-amazon-affiliate-program-california-2584">An Open Letter To Jeff Bezos On Terminating The Amazon Affiliate Program In California</a></strong>

Thank you for your letter today, informing me that after seven years of being one of your affiliates ? and having earned for you about $150,000 in that time ? that you ?deeply regret? unilaterally terminating my contract with Amazon to be an affiliate. I also especially appreciated the part where you reassured me that this action wouldn?t affect my ability to keep buying from your company. Nice touch.

<strong>Now, because of your squabble over the sales tax issue, you?ve decided to just take for free what you?d previously paid for. If I don?t find time to track down and kill those links, you keep grabbing orders that get made through them and keeping the cut I previously received.</strong>

<strong>I Get To Be Your Pawn With Only 10 Hours Notice?</strong> You want to just up and terminate my contract with you with only ten hours notice?

banners
Back