The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Amazon Affiliate in the way of Jay

jsammy

affiliate
OK, so the other thread became a complete mess because I wasn't prepared. I a bit better prepared now. And let me say, if anyone read's this that is new to marketing and you want to learn a thing or two from the ground up. Go follow Jay's case study for Amazon. To most ppl here it's pretty basic, but it made me hunt hunt down answers since I didn't have them. Good stuff.

Ok. So up to the first point I decided on trying 3 separate niches:
NICHE 1NICHE 2NICHE 3
RESEARCH INFOGoogle Key Planner-18,100-mediumGoogle Key Planner-40,500-mediumGoogle Key Planner-6600-medium
google search 2.2mgoogle search 757kgoogle search 248k

As you can see from the first niche to the third I got super particular. I hope that's a good thing.

Using Wordpress, He recommends using Shopperpress, and I have experience with it, so that;s a huge plus and I think it's a great theme anyways. It's import tool for affiliates is great. Installed that and the plugins installed:

• ADDTOANY SHARE
  • AKISMET
  • GOOGLE XML
  • Optimize Database after Deleting Revisions
  • FAST SECURE CONTACT
  • WORDPRESS NOTIFICATION BAR
  • YOAST
  • W3 TOTAL CACHE

Side note signing up for Amazon affiliate svcs: When applying, need a site already live and not when 100% dedicated to selling amazon.
Put up a blog, maybe 8-10 articles, maybe some adsense too. once they approve you, my understanding is they really dont care what sites you put you stuff on.
Everyone can laugh at me, I did this THREE times before getting it.- Hey I learned :)

NICHE 1NICHE 2NICHE 3
ADDED 5 PRODUCTS, EDITED/ADDED/CUSTOMIZED DESCRIPTIONS, KEYWORD DENSITY HEAVYADDED 12 PRODUCTS, EDITED/ADDED/CUSTOMIZED DESCRIPTIONS, KEYWORD DENSITY HEAVYSITE WILL BE COMPLETE 10/12/13

Ok, so I added some commentary to the descriptions, some were deleted some I added and/or altered quite a bit. With all due respect to Jay,
I have no idea how he wrote 300 words on aerators, I am struggling to reach 150-180. I can only bullshit so much....

Lastly built some links:

NICHE 1NICHE 2NICHE 3
2-3 Blog COMMENTS2-3 Blog COMMENTS
10+ Forum sigs10+ Forum sigs
2 social bookmarks2 social bookmarksSITE WILL BE COMPLETE 10/12/13
** Comments were the hardest to find, social bookmarks werent that hard to find though there are quite a few that are dofollowm but liked delteing my submissions LOL
THERE IS A FIREFOX EXTENSION CALL NODOFOLLOW.
SHOWS ALL LINKS ON ANY GIVEN SITE TO BE DO FOLLOW OR NOFOLLOW BASED ON COLOR--**EXTREMELY HELPFUL**

OK, so I guess I will give it a few weeks to marinade. In the meantime, I'll add a few more items, few more dofollow links. Thus far nothing anyone hasn't seen before lol

Well your working and learning! A lot of people don't make it that far, so pat yourself on the back for that. Keep it going you'll be a master before you know it.

What do you mean by HEAVY Keyword density?

More than a few? What I did:

1- look at best selling item in that niche in Amazon
2- search for that title and for a simplified titled to get a better idea of what comes up on google.
3- take the specific link from competitor site (what i feel is weakest site) and run it through a site like http://www.webseoanalytics.com (love this site)
4- compare what there keyword density is and try and match/beat it/ get as close to it as possible

From this example, the density is high on 1 and 2 words and very low on 3,4,5 word keywords

I am looking at this as a benefit to me. after scoping out the first 3 pages of google search return and removing the major ones (amazon, ebay, etc), my feeling is that if there putting all the push into 1-2 words, would I not be better off in focusing on 2,3,4 words?

Let me know what you think...
keywird-density-seo.png

If my thought process is wrong, please let me know asap :)

Oh and then I put my link in there and compare. The site allows 10 searches a day. If anyone knows a site better than the one above let me know, it looks pretty good to me...

Attachments

• keywird-density-seo.png
    keywird-density-seo.png
    105.8 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Interesting Item, I also realizes with regards to Amazon site, there are a ton of ppl that do what Jay suggested, But I have yet to come across anyone that changes the description at all. If anything, they put LESS...

Interesting....

3 min and 11 sec about keyword density Everything else is Oldhat ;)

[video=youtube;Rk4qgQdp2UA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk4qgQdp2UA[/video]

Last edited:
Marc, that video should be required viewing for everyone who publishes anything online. :)

Interesting Item, I also realizes with regards to Amazon site, there are a ton of ppl that do what Jay suggested, But I have yet to come across anyone that changes the description at all. If anything, they put LESS...

Interesting....

I am not active that much in Amazon so, you won't have any competition. just kidding.
If you have some monies, grab Jay's Screw 95 course. It will give you boost up :)

Most of the Amazon Sites are slapped when the penguin and panda arrive. So, you won't see any hard competition there. :D

UPDATE 1:

​Well so far a bit disappointment, but I think in trying to follow Jay's amazon test, it was vastly understated the number of items entered, dofollow links, etc. That or in between then and now, Google changed so much since :)

10/24/13total amazon clicks: 15
Total Amazon Sales: 0
Stat counter:105 Visits21 visits
google analytics24 vists8 visits
added more items64
added more dofollow comments22
added more dofollow social bookmarks64
added more dofollow sig55
No movement or listing on pagerank or Alexa, google or bing

Speaking of Alexa, can anyone recommend a tool or site that will give me list of linsk to my site. Alexa does, on free version but I dont think it's current

Had a problem with tracking. Google took forever. Anyways,in researching competitive sites within the first two pages of Google searches I have noticed that the keyword density is pretty good, but the description is generally the exact same as every other site. However I rarely see any H1 tags and titles in bold print. So with this in mind, do you think it would be THAT detrimental, in the view of this and time efficiency, instead of trying to create new descriptions;
1)add H1 title to all descriptions
2)change all bold titles to H3-H5
3)Add Tags

Anyways, that's it. Will try again in 30 days. has taken a long to to put an update up since I am searching for dofollow sites, etc from scratch....and learning...

Make sure your site is not THIN.
Google knows if that is an affiliate site or not.
Make sure your site contains content all over it including pages that you don't think they need content.
Increase post/products count.

And make sure the content is all indexed.

Don't worry about do follow backlinks.
Just build links to High PR sites, do follow or no follow.
It doesn't matter.

Oh,, check your site structure/navigation.

Err? do it. :)

You may want to try building some more social traffic. Do you have Twitter, Facebook Page, and Tumblr all setup for your Page yet? Also, Jay's Screw95 course is amazing if you haven't picked it up yet :)

You may want to try building some more social traffic. Do you have Twitter, Facebook Page, and Tumblr all setup for your Page yet? Also, Jay's Screw95 course is amazing if you haven't picked it up yet :)

Thanks Luke. I really did not get involved with Social media much yet as I was following Jay's stuff pretty close to the vest. It sure couldn't hurt. I will deff take a look at Screw95.

Make sure your site is not THIN.
Google knows if that is an affiliate site or not.
Make sure your site contains content all over it including pages that you don't think they need content.
Increase post/products count.

And make sure the content is all indexed.

Don't worry about do follow backlinks.
Just build links to High PR sites, do follow or no follow.
It doesn't matter.

Oh,, check your site structure/navigation.

Err? do it. :)

Thanks for the info EymardSiojo. What do you mean by "THIN"? Are you referring to keyword density or posts/products generally? Can you give me an example of "Make sure your site contains content all over it including pages that you don't think they need content" ?

With regards to pages content I have legal, terms conditions, etc... Can you be a bit more specific?

Thanks to you both for your input. It's very much appreciated

Hey K.

I'm quite embarrassed by the numbers. Matter of fact, the numbers just suck. Im not discouraged. I think a lot of it is from my poor knowledge of link building among other things. Ive gotten better. We'll see in another month.

Thanks for the explanation because I find myself doing your exact same thing, plus some extensive run on sentences.Thanks!

Hey K.

I'm quite embarrassed by the numbers. Matter of fact, the numbers just suck. Im not discouraged. I think a lot of it is from my poor knowledge of link building among other things. Ive gotten better. We'll see in another month.

We all have to start somewhere - don't be embarrassed either we are here to help!

banners
Back