The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Am I doing this right? - Mobile APP installs.

John.

affiliate
Sup guys..

So I wanted to try something and it's not really working out and I don't understand why.

Traffic Source : Airpush
Tracking : Voluum
CPA Network : MundoMedia

Game plan : Buy In App banners from Airpush with a simple funnel : They click on the banner and get redirected to the google store to install the app, simple enough.

I took my MundoMedia offer link, pasted it in voluum and I used the campaign URL it gave me and put that URL in Airpush as Creative URL.

Long story short, I have over 430 clicks on MundoMedia and not a single lead.

I mean the user clicks on a banner because he most likely wants to play the game, but once he's on the store to download the game he leaves the page? And that happened 430 times..?!

It's my first time promoting mobile offers, might have fucked up somewhere but how is this even possible.

Thanks for any info (Offer is for Android only and I am targetting Android on Airpush)

-------------------------------------
Edit : Sent over 1500 clicks and not a single conversion.. PM'd my aff manager and I guess i'll get answers on monday.

Could this have something to do with the fact that the offer is WAP Android? I mean I thought this meant it had to be 3g or 4g internet and not wifi, if that's the case, how can I disable wifi in Airpush?

Last edited:
Does the game cost money? That might be the block.
Nope.. Free games

I have 2 different game offers that my AM suggested. Both are very different games and both are in different GEOs..

I really dont understand how I can still have 0 leads after 600 clicks on the CPA Network.

Sometimes it takes times to the lead to take place because the user needs to open it, but that much clicks with no conversions sounds strange to me.
I would have paused it till you get some answers..

Yea if there are that many clicks and no leads that seems strange...

But on your WAP question, you can keep wifi for this offer since the conversion point is when a user open the application.

Gaming app install can be hit and miss.

Interstitial Ads perform well for gaming offers.

Yeah read that quite a lot, but still those 2 offers were converting really good and had nice results on the network from what my AM told me.

Ended up being 1500ish clicks and 0 leads.

Sent a PM to my aff manager and hope he'll be able to sort this out on monday

I've been through this, very frustrating. Some apps seem like they'd be winners, but most of them are duds. Just got to keep launching to find the winners. $50 for a $1 app is too much for testing in my opinion. I would kill it way sooner than that.

If you had 1500 clicks, you must have had a boat load of impressions.

Did you have a chance to optimize while it was running, blocking app/sites with tons of impressions and no clicks as well as block app/sites with tons of clicks and no conversion? (Sorry if this is elementary), blocking apps/sites that have spent 3x offer payout with no conversions?

Did you use your own banners or theirs?

I've been through this, very frustrating. Some apps seem like they'd be winners, but most of them are duds. Just got to keep launching to find the winners. $50 for a $1 app is too much for testing in my opinion. I would kill it way sooner than that.

If you had 1500 clicks, you must have had a boat load of impressions.

Did you have a chance to optimize while it was running, blocking app/sites with tons of impressions and no clicks as well as block app/sites with tons of clicks and no conversion? (Sorry if this is elementary), blocking apps/sites that have spent 3x offer payout with no conversions?

Did you use your own banners or theirs?

Ahh damn didn't know you could block certain apps/websites on Airpush..? Could you show me where is that option I can't find it anywhere...

And advertiser's creatives, just wanted to test it out like that for a first campaign. But yeah if you could enlighten me on how to block bad targets that'd be awesome

banners
Back