The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

After setting up my domain as custom domain for Mobidea, my whole site is broken

Silent Hill

affiliate
Hi everyone,

Affiliate newbie here. I just bought a starter site on flippa.com and joined Mobidea.
I set this site as custom domain for Mobidea as they requested. However, after they successfully verified my domain, everything's broken.

My site is broken. I cannot login in my Cpanel. Neither can I receive e-mail through this domain.

Their customer support is not very helpful so I came here

I just replaced the data of Name Sever in my Godaddy account with the data they gave me. Where did I do wrong...?

Nameservers:
ns-1831.awsdns-36.co.uk
ns-1531.awsdns-63.org
ns-898.awsdns-48.net
ns-463.awsdns-57.com

You bought a starter site from Flippa? for what? You could have easily made a site using a custom domain unless you bought it for SEO purpose which I believe it has good ranking in your niche already?

Anyways, someone with the proper solution will definitely help you with your issue.

You bought a starter site from Flippa? for what? You could have easily made a site using a custom domain unless you bought it for SEO purpose which I believe it has good ranking in your niche already?

Anyways, someone with the proper solution will definitely help you with your issue.

It's a site I bought at $197. It comes with basic SEO, one-year hosting and automatically updated tech news. I thought with this site I was more likely to get accepted by aff network as a newbie(Also got accepted by Peerfly).
Thanks for your reply anyway.

It's a site I bought at $197. It comes with basic SEO, one-year hosting and automatically updated tech news. I thought with this site I was more likely to get accepted by aff network as a newbie(Also got accepted by Peerfly).
Thanks for your reply anyway.
You should have asked here before wasting $197 in the hope for getting accepted into cpa/affiliate networks. While some do requires a site, but not a $197 site. You could have just made a WP site by getting a domain and hosting from namecheap/hostgator and then made the site. You would have been settled within $5 including the hosting. A couple of tutorials on how to make a niche site online would have saved you $200. Then you could have done SEO yourself to rank it up.

Trust me the vendor @ Flippa barely paid more than $10 for domain and hosting and just utilized some time in optimizing for SEO but yeah someone's loss is someone's gain.

I feel bad. :(

Your server is pointed to the A address that the new nameservers publish

You no longer have control of that server wherever it was when using that FQDN domain name (that you bought).

The right way to do this is by either
  • a sub domain on your nameserver pointed to Mobidea's IP address (designated), or;
  • a CNAME for that sub-domain redirecting to one of Morbida's FQDN domain names.

Last edited:
Your server is pointed to the A address that the new nameservers publish

You no longer have control of that server wherever it was when using that FQDN domain name (that you bought).

The right way to do this is by either
  • a subdomain on your nameserver pointed to Mobidea's IP address (designated), or;
  • a CNAME for that sub-domain redirecting to one of Morbida's FQDN domain names.
Hi,

I have the same issue. I hope its OK that I am asking on someone else post...
I wanted to know how I can change the destinated nameservers for the subdomain.
When I go to my Domain table on Bluehost it doesn't give me the option of changing servers to the subdomain.
I wont to use my Domain for more than one offer... can I give them control for just a part of it?

Thank you for reading :)

Hi
I chated with Bluehost.
They say that cant be done.
"it is not possible to change the name servers to sub domain, it will point the name server of main domaim"
"If you want to change the name serves of subdomain then you need change the main domain name servers."

Any ideas?

IDK about bluehiost however
@parent domain is the top of the hierarchy in DNS settings for A (addressing)

real DNS servers allow you to set any IP
Maybe, Bluehost will not let you relay to another IP?
www. can be 1.1.1.23
sub. can be 70.111.1.43

Open a support ticket @ bluehost :p
I can do this all of the time with my DNS for VPS servers on 2 hosts networks NP

MI
Back