The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Affiliate Warning - FBI Gambling Sting Closes 4 Largest Online Poker Sites

Linda Buquet

affiliate
I've long warned affiliates to stay away from Gambling, RX and other dicey affiliate programs that are, or could in the future, be under government scrutiny.

On Friday the FBI seized and closed down the web sites for PokerStars, Full Tilt Poker UB.com and Absolute Poker sites, 4 of the biggest online poker sites. The charges were reportedly bank fraud, money laundering, and illegal gambling offenses. Reportedly, even customers can't get to their money due to the fact the sites are shut down.

<strong>I believe all of those companies had affiliate programs. Did they owe any of you money? I'm curious to know if they will be able to pay affiliates, if they have any money left after the hefty fines. I assume their bank accounts and other assets have been frozen too. </strong>

<strong><a href="http://thenextweb.com/us/2011/04/15/fbi-seizes-online-poker-websites-customer-funds-on-lockdown/">FBI seizes online poker websites; customer funds on lockdown.</a></strong>

The end result? Sites are shuttering as have 76 bank accounts in 14 countries. The parties involved are facing fines of up to $3 billion in money laundering fines. On top of that, all of the defendants are facing up to 5 years, and in some cases up to 30 years in prison as maximum sentences for their alleged crimes.

I'm curious if the companies have sent emails to affiliates regarding the situation.
If you hear anything affiliate-related, please post in comments.

Thankfully i would never touch gambling as its always seemed shady to me to promote such a thing, having said that i see so many newbies that put a site up then go on forums to ask what people think of it and when i click the link to see what there promoting...

Its a Gambling site lol

They will never learn, there are some legitamite ones out there are also loads of shady ones to.

MI
Back