The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Affiliate Network Payment Thresholds - What Are My Rights?

Jed22

affiliate
Hey Affiliate Fix!

So the past two months I have been running offers in the adult dating niche, but unfortunately I'm still yet to crack it and money is running low...

The thing is I have one old affiliate account which has $300 of affiliate commissions in it, but the minimum payment threshold for the network is $1000.

The money has been stuck there for like 3 months. But I'm currently not running their offers as I'm focused on lower ticket stuff.

The more I think about it, it seems ridiculous that their threshold is so high when other networks payout after only $50 - $100 and that money could really come in handy.

I'm wondering if it would be possible to somehow convince them to pay out my commissions, under the premise that I need advertising budget to run more offers with them, is that a reasonable request or would I just be wasting my time.

What do you think?

You can ask for your money --but you have no *rights* to receive payment until you reach that $1,000 threshold YOU agreed to. Don't agree to such high payment thresholds in the future --if you foresee that as a future problem.

You can ask for your money --but you have no *rights* to receive payment until you reach that $1,000 threshold YOU agreed to. Don't agree to such high payment thresholds in the future --if you foresee that as a future problem.

Yeah thanks for your response @Graybeard . I know it's my mistake at the end of the day so just a lesson I need to learn. I will reach the $1000 eventually but it sucks having money you can't touch lol. I'll give it a shot

I know it's my mistake at the end of the day

Of course, if the average commission were over $1k, then that threshold would not be unacceptable. I have a few high end promotions in process most of the time and with those offers the thresholds are typically that high and sometimes higher. It is, however, unreasonable (IMO) when networks typically working with lower value offers require a threshold like that.

Contact your AM, they might be able to pay you and close your account. It has happened with me in the past, most of the networks should comply with such a request for account closure.

Of course, if the average commission were over $1k, then that threshold would not be unacceptable. I have a few high end promotions in process most of the time and with those offers the thresholds are typically that high and sometimes higher. It is, however, unreasonable (IMO) when networks typically working with lower value offers require a threshold like that.
Yeah that makes sense. On average their offer payouts are all below $50 so it is quite challenging to reach the threshold because you run out of advertising budget... but we'll see what happens. Thank you for your help. I will post an update earliest tomorrow once I have spoken with them to see what the verdict is.

MI
Back