The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Affiliate marketing without a website or tracking?

Joseph Wilkinson

affiliate
Hi,

I am new to affiliate marketing. I have run a small test to see if I could find users for a service before approaching the company itself. I managed to get 9 users who are likely to sign up. I have all their email addresses. I then contacted the company and they have agreed to a 30% revenue share.

Problem is they don't have an official affiliate scheme. They have suggested I ask the potential users I have contacted to sign up and then send them the email addresses to check against their database. I don't want to do this as they could claim none of my users have signed up.

Does anyone know of a workaround? a MVP affiliate scheme, without setting up a official tracking system?

Thanks

Joe

If I was you, I'd have a good read of this forum. It has everything you need to know about affiliate marketing.

To me, that doesn't sound good at all - nothing to track means you are shooting in the dark there.
In my opinion, you need a tracker, an affiliate network and a traffic source.

You are depending on honesty and the correct attribution of your new customers referred to this seller of goods/products.

Assuming that all users will use the same email for all purposes is your first mistake.

Forget tracking for now -- first consider the accreditation of any CPA referral to your credit.

The intentions of both of you may be honorable but such an arrangement actually working out is very iffy. IMHO -- very remote.

If your seller of the product sets up a landing page especially for you; he might be able to track your referrals possibly by setting a cookie, (that might be 80% accurate), if the sale retrieves (fetches) any cookie and posts the referral to a ledger or allocates a lifetime customer (as you agreement might be).

Anything is possible and can be worked out with back-end programming ... if the ability and capability is there ...

Hi Graybeard,

This sounds like it could work for me.

Any suggestions for the software to use?

Alternativity, could using my own landing page along with a shared email address with the company work. Then we can both see sign ups?

Thanks

Joe

Well, in my opinion if you want to monitor your success at affiliate marketing, you definitely need tracking tool. Otherwise you won't be able to optimize your campaign or find out who is your audience and how relevant it is. Tracking software gives you a possibility to distribute your traffic, to make split-testing of offers and landing pages, to filter bots and many many other useful things.

To work in affiliate marketing without a tracker, as for me it's like surfing the internet when you are blind.

Concerning suggestions, well, for example AdsBridge has all functions I have described above. You can test them on free trial first.

Software for what?
To run an affiliate program?
Depends on the scale you need really.
At scale: Hasoffers, NATS, Clickbank, Rakuten, others ...
There are some less costly SaaS platforms and scripts ...
You can look for some open source solutions too.

Transactions that are completed and any CPA commission payable would generally be databased; any email would probably be auto-responders to the booked or completed transaction.

You are missing the point;
He wants to do business selling a product where there is no existing affiliate back-end.
No tracker will respond to a successful conversion and credit the sale to to his account.
I then contacted the company and they have agreed to a 30% revenue share.

Problem is they don't have an official affiliate scheme.

Last edited:
MI
Back