The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Affiliate landing page advice

Khero

affiliate
Hi everyone,

My name is Khero and I am new here. I need some guidance and i would be grateful if you could help.

Sometimes I feel like affiliate marketing is a bit of an underground practice. Especially when it comes to dating, Nutra, and gambling.

So here is my question: I have seen many affiliates using celebrities on their landing pages. Not only that but even affiliate networks (big brands) provide this type of landing page with celebrities on them! So if I use these landing pages then I m obviously taking a risk. So how do affiliates do ? do they buy a domain and hosting with fake names? It seems that this is a common grey hat practice since even networks provide these landing pages...

Any help is appreciated. I just want to learn more in general.

Thank you :)

Many pro affiliates prefer their own custom domain and hosting for each offer. By keeping same design and styles one can match up their own pages with actual offer.

One more strategy commonly seen is create Opt-In page before sending prospect to product landing or offer pages by this way affiliate can follow-up with captured user information like email and name.

Hi Ranjan,

Thank you for your reply. I m sorry I did not make my question clear. I m talking about copyright. How do affiliates and networks get away with using celebrities' images? Since it is not a legal practice, how do affiliates protect themselves? As i said, this is so common that even affiliate networks use these images...

WELCOME ABOARD ...
thumbsup.png

━━━●──────────────
If you are in the US --there are FTC regulations regarding any endorsements you need to follow.
If you register a domain name with false WHOIS information the domain is forfeit if you are caught.
Using images of celebs (or any person) without permission is a tort --you can be sued in many jurisdictions
right of publicity at DuckDuckGo

Welcome to the forum Khero,
Personally I would research those affiliates using celebrity images, find out who they are, maybe they're chancers trying it on with a rip and run approach, (they wont last long), or maybe they're big players who have paid the fee to use that image. Who needs to hide a lander that no one else can legally use? maybe paying the copyright is worth while when hiding landers from spytools is so expensive.
Also, google the image, it might be on getty images or similar and already in the public domain.

Lastly, and let me step up on my soap box for this. "Greyhat is not a thing"
If you abide by the rules and regulations you are "White Hat"
If you do not, you are "Black Hat"

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your responses. I agree with you strickland, you either abide by the rules or you do not. I also feel like all those blackhat tricks takes so much energy and that energy could simply be focused on more sustainable ideas!

Well, Khero, I think you're smart to ask before attempting it. Also glad you're on the side of whitehat business ethics. :)

Sorry m little late here, but i would like to share my opinion as well, as i have been working on CPA related projects / scripts for last 10 years now most projects of mine are CPA related and i learned alot from them as worked with almost every type of affiliates lol .. Ok so i seen lot of affiliates myself creating their own landing pages, hosted them on different domains, the landing page can be related to your niche like if you are promoting gaming offer, you should have game related landing page in short, landing page should be relevant to what you are promoting, if you promote gaming offer on showbiz page it wont be suitable at all ..

Keep your strategy whitehat but make it to engage users smartly. either purchase images for your landing page or use royalty free so you will be on safe side. as i have seen such cases.
I hope this will give you little idea ;)
Thanks

I never use celebrities on the landing pages. First, because it is illegal, second, because it's obvious that, let's say Jennifer Lopez, won't use Keto Turbo Slim or something to keep her body in the form. If you are buying traffic from teaser networks (read "garbage traffic") then it might work, but if you want to play clean and make real advertising which brings real money - create unique landing pages

Azgold, I tell you what happened to me: When i started affiliate marketing I had first chosen adult dating ( as I heard it is profitable) and I have found myself nearly crossing the line and doing some blackhat method. In less than 2 weeks I ended up hating that niche and realizing that it was not for me. That is when I have swore that I d go 100% white hat.

Adam80johnson, I know crazy, isn't it! But believe it or not, it works! Not only this type of landings are often among the ones that last for more 365 days, but as I mentioned earlier, I know many reputable affiliate networks who have landers with fake celebrities endorsement ready for the affiliate! So I wanted to understand what is the deal.

Now back to white hat, there is a brilliant example of success, he is called Ralfs Smilsarajs, making over a million/month white hat. he said he does ecommerce, leadgen and Nutra. Not sure how he does Nutra 100% white tho! I mean most Nutra products are deceiving...

For my part, it will be Nutra, personal finances and software.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread :)

MI
Back