The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Affiliate and Referral Management Software

milestonedata

We are looking to find out the best way to set up our affiliate and marketing tracking. We are a web development company

offering items like web design, programming, etc. Each of our projects are custom quoted. We do not use a shopping cart on our

website.

We have already done the research on affiliate program software. From what we have found, they primarily only work well with

shopping cart system. They are not able to track throughout each page of the site who the affiliate or referring url are.
However, we like the fact they they provide tools for our affiliates to create html, email, and other marketing materials to

promote our company.

The big question is, how do you track affiliate leads without a shopping cart?
1. do we need to have a custom coded solution?
2. is there an affiliate management program that will fit our need?
3. what are the other web design/development companies doing that works?

Thanks.
Mike

Hi Mike,

Many companies pay per lead that don't have a shopping cart. I'm not positive exactly how it's done but I believe the tracking pixel would go on a thank you page after the completed form was filled out.

idevaffiliate and postaffiliatepro are 2 low cost solutions for regular affiliate tracking. I assume they do lead tracking as well. Check the online documentation to be sure they do pay per lead, then ask them how it's done to see if it would meet your needs.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

MI
Back