The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Advice on selecting keywords

jonj31070

affiliate
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick newbie question for you. When you are searching for keywords for a specific game offer, do you search for general gaming keywords, or do you search for keywords that pertain to the specific game that you are promoting? Thank you in advance for your replies! :D

Hey there Jon, I think you could do both. It is hard to say without knowing the exact offer but when searching for good keywords you will always find keywords which are no good and then you weed them out to find the profitable ones.

Judging by the information you have provided I would target that particular game, game lingo for that game and similar games. If it is a whole niche on its own then maybe consider learning as much as possible. Even go as far as buying the game and actually playing it to learn some of the link and to find some keywords...then at the end of this year write it off as a fun day and get a tax credit from it haha...not sure if you can do that or not but I would try it :)

Hope this really helps. If you have any further questions I will try my best to get back here to reply to them and if not I am sure the other great networks and members here have some other ideas too :)

Thanks

I have done both successfully.

Whereas the particular game related kws do convert the best, sometimes they are very competitive and CPC is high. In such cases, I have used general kws and twisted them to my gaming offer.

Hope this helps....

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick newbie question for you. When you are searching for keywords for a specific game offer, do you search for general gaming keywords, or do you search for keywords that pertain to the specific game that you are promoting? Thank you in advance for your replies! :D

I would setup 2 campaigns doing both :)

banners
Back