The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Adsense on an Informational Site

bigcat1967

I'll be setting up a new site in the near future and I won't be selling anything on it - it will be a lot of "self-improvement" info that people will reference. This is really a passion of mine - so the info will not be from any sources, just things I've learned over the years.

All in all - this will be classified as an informational site. However, I will have adsense on this site - just wondering if anyone has an informational site w/ just adsense on it and how well did you do on it as far as CTR.

I can see people who write reviews on products and they put adsense on their site and get a high CTR - but I haven't heard anything about the ppl that has a mega-site that is pure info and them getting a high CTR w/ adsense.

I don't work with Adsense at all, but from a pure end user viewpoint I would think CTRs would still be good on an informational site.

I did a little searching and found people discussing Adsense CTR and it varied a lot and people didn't necessarily say what type of sites they had except that the general consensus was that forum CTRs were very low.

PM me if you want to read the thread. It's one of the only threads I've found where people are openly discussing CTR numbers.

Hi, self improvement and health are one of the best revenue generating topics / kewards with adsense so even if you have a low click through rate you can still earn a decent ammount

My sites are primarily informational. I don't make a ton of money from AdSense but I do make some. Given that it's basically "free" money, there's no harm in adding it.

Placement is critical and, to a lesser extent, the size and shape of the ad. It's worth setting up AdSense channels in your account ans experimenting until you find the best combination of size and placement for your specific site.

Both of my main web sites are informational travel web sites. Although, I do work with some other commission structures through Commission Junction and Clickbank, I make the most from Adsense.

Since my Oregon coast site is seasonal, low months of Adsense income range from $400-600 per month. In season, I stay around $900-$1100 a month.

As you can tell, it is definitely possible to make good money on a site informational in nature. As long you get a good grip on blending, what sizes work best, page positioning, using your channels to track, etc, you'll do well.

There are lots of site which totally based on adsense and there are lots of information available. I think it is great idea and work fine.

Thanks again for all your encouragement. Most of my time is spent on client's websites - but I am slowly buildling my info sites as well.

Adsense on my blog

I've just started my own business blog and have a number of followers already.

My question is, how successful has anyone been with earning from Adsense? I know I won't be able to retire on it, but at least enough to pay for happy hour would be great ;)

MI
Back