The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Adcenter to CPA Journey

marorl

affiliate
Okay, I'm going to start a thread here both for myself and others who are struggling to make money online.

I've tried a lot of different methods but I'm still struggling to make any $$, so I'm going to post what I'm doing here and hopefully I'll be able to get some advice plus point others in the right direction to make some cash online too.

I'm choosing Adcenter simply because I'm able to run a test campaign with a voucher. In my limited experience, Adcenter is also much easier as far as account creation and the types of offers you can promote.

Day 1 - Finding an offer to promote, getting keywords, uploading campaign.

Greg Davis had a free webinar about getting cheap clicks and lots of traffic with Adcenter which basically entailed using massive keyword lists. I've implemented this strategy and was able to get my CPC down to .10-.15 and around 800 clicks per day. HOWEVER, absolutely no conversions.
My thoughts on this are 1) broad match was giving me completely irrelevant visitors. 2) my ad copy had a good CTR but wasn't specific enough to the offer 3) Using syndicated search partners was giving me crap traffic

For this campaign, I will only use phrase match, be sure to switch off search partners/content.

To start, I will be direct linking because I'm still not quite proficient with landers. I've swiped some advertorial LPs in the past, but CTR from LP to offer was low.

Selecting an Offer
I'm going to test a weight loss trial. The weight loss niche is huge, keyword possibilities should allow me to reach my goal for # of keywords.

Ad Copy
Copywriting is something that I've yet to master, but i've read several ebooks on the basics.

Here are some variations I would like to test:

PRODUCT NAME: Miracle or Scam?
Does PRODUCT NAME really work? Don’t buy before you read this!

PRODUCT NAME Warning:
Don't Buy Before Seeing This Report. See Actual Actual Results.

PRODUCT NAME Alert!
Do Not Try PRODUCT NAME Until You Read The Facts About It First!

Try PRODUCT NAME for $3.99
Try PRODUCT NAME for Free, Just Pay Shipping. Supplies Limited.

Good luck man, i like your copy! The problem is with direct linking, if they dont like your offer you have lost them however if you use a lander with opt in and they enter their email, and then don't complete the offer at least you have the lead. Then you can email to them! 800 views would definitely bring some opt ins!

hey,

1. mind dropping a link to the Greg Davis webinar?

2. Is he sober?

3. Good luck on this! I'm about to focus on adcenter as well!

you guys might think I'm saying this because I got a reply from Greg Davis.... but this is the most entertaining webinar I've ever seen.

Dude sounds like Andre 3000 on a caffeine rush.

All three of them... turnt all the way up.

Dude sounds like Andre 3000 on a caffeine rush.

hahaha thats exactly what I was thinking through the entire webinar. The three of them did work, definitely check the webinar if you get a chance.

I agree with K when he says to drive the traffic to an optin page, even if the prospect doesnt buy right away, they may generate revenue for you weeks down the road.

any update on this? I've been slowly putting the pieces together from what I gleaned from the webinar. (and I missed the second, 30 minute one Greg emailed about. If anyone has a link, I'd greatly appreciate it).

Getting a huge list of keywords is easy.

Getting 10k keywords into adcenter without it locking up? not so much.

The webinar suggested using bing desktop+excel to upload them all at once. Unfortunately, unless there's something I'm missing, big desktop isn't compatible with excel 07 and up. I'm... trying to work around that.

Still, progress is progress.

I'll update this thread with pics and stats as soon as I figure out what the heck I'm doing.

yeah, I'm still trying it.

Got about 200,000 Impressions and 86 clicks, but no conversions.

But then, it IS the holiday season.

Maybe I should pause this campaign till after the weekend, when things will be relatively back to normal.

Nah, I just looked at my MSN stats again. They took their own sweet time updating, like they always do.

100 clicks. No conversions.

Total spend was like 21 bucks.

But please keep in mind that this was an incomplete method I was trying out. The traffic, while based largely on keywords, was nowhere near all that targeted.

although i do admit, I prolly could have gotten at least one conversion had I used a landing page.

Ah, well. If I took action and only invested voucher money, was it really a fail? On to the next one.

does anyone have any problems with Adcenter just stop showing ads? this has happened to me over and over again, but now I think it is really down. I changed ads, ULRS, and even accounts, but nothing. It will show about 1K impressions and then shut off everytime. I increased my daily budget to $3,000 but still nothing. Someone help me, its Thanksgiving and I am losing $$$$

does anyone have any problems with Adcenter just stop showing ads? this has happened to me over and over again, but now I think it is really down. I changed ads, ULRS, and even accounts, but nothing. It will show about 1K impressions and then shut off everytime. I increased my daily budget to $3,000 but still nothing. Someone help me, its Thanksgiving and I am losing $$$$

Yes, I've had this happen. Sometimes you'll just have to delete the campaign/account and start with a new sub account.

any update on this? I've been slowly putting the pieces together from what I gleaned from the webinar. (and I missed the second, 30 minute one Greg emailed about. If anyone has a link, I'd greatly appreciate it).

Getting a huge list of keywords is easy.

Getting 10k keywords into adcenter without it locking up? not so much.

The webinar suggested using bing desktop+excel to upload them all at once. Unfortunately, unless there's something I'm missing, big desktop isn't compatible with excel 07 and up. I'm... trying to work around that.

Still, progress is progress.

I'll update this thread with pics and stats as soon as I figure out what the heck I'm doing.

You can use the Bing Desktop Editor without Excel. It's impossible to import large numbers of KWs through their web interface.

You can use the Bing Desktop Editor without Excel. It's impossible to import large numbers of KWs through their web interface.

nah, I figured it all out. 20k keywords an adgroup via bing desktop imported with Excel. If you go over the limit, it'll give you an error.

banners
Back