The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Ad Block Detectors

HIGHLY advise against them! Google trounces on websites using those, and users hate those worse than ads themselves lol. Plus, they are not very secure for your site in the long run.

Google trounces on websites using those,

Can you expand on this, I have not found any evidence supporting this. Thousands of high profile sites including Forbes, Inc., Washington Post, and now Facebook have implemented the scripts to prevent ad blocking. As well, the courts in many of the democratic countries are deliberating the issues and finding the use of ad blockers are illegal as they alter the presentation of a site owners product and service.

and users hate those worse than ads themselves lol.

The only reason a user would hate them is because they feel they have the right to alter a companies presentation of their site. They do not lawfully have the right.

I don't care, neither do companies in general, if a person using an ad blocker complains. If someone wants access to the information on my sites, they have to allow the ads to be shown. Using an ad blocker is a violation of the "terms of use" on every site I own!

Plus, they are not very secure for your site in the long run.

I find this highly unlikely, can you give us the details of this claim?

I've seen those on various sites, even Forbes has one.

Users may have to turn the adblocker off to access the content but they can turn it back on again when they're done. Meanwhile, they may see an ad they're actually interested in and will click on to find out more.

I've seen those on various sites, even Forbes has one.

Users may have to turn the adblocker off to access the content but they can turn it back on again when they're done. Meanwhile, they may see an ad they're actually interested in and will click on to find out more.

Yeah, that's the thing. I think most people using ad blockers are just followers of the trend, but they are still active clickers when they see ads.

I am I the only person who is experiencing a lot of ads on my firefox browser. I am so glad that I have come across this post. I am immediately trying this out on the browser that I use then later on give the feedback on how it works. Looking forward to a good service because there are some addons that do nothing, I found even there was one that was phising information instead of doing the blocking. Thanks @T J Tutor for the share.

I am I the only person who is experiencing a lot of ads on my firefox browser. I am so glad that I have come across this post. I am immediately trying this out on the browser that I use then later on give the feedback on how it works. Looking forward to a good service because there are some addons that do nothing, I found even there was one that was phising information instead of doing the blocking. Thanks @T J Tutor for the share.

AdBlock Plus FF addon should take care of those ads for you, @Dr. Forum . You'll still get the odd one that has paid its way past the block but you can adjust that in your settings to exclude those, as well.

Don't forget to disable it on AFix! :)

Good for internet users, not so good for advertisers. Users can't click an ad they can't see. From what I've been reading, it may be turning around, though. I'm thinking FB, right now.

MI
Back