The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Accept all affiliates?

Dooglers

I've seen how companies need to weed out their unproductive affiliates, but is there actually any downfall to having some affiliates that aren't high earners? I figured getting the exposure and having at least SOME sales coming in from them would be beneficial as long as they're doing it the right way, right?

I've seen how companies need to weed out their unproductive affiliates, but is there actually any downfall to having some affiliates that aren't high earners? I figured getting the exposure and having at least SOME sales coming in from them would be beneficial as long as they're doing it the right way, right?

It depends on the size of the networks. Sometimes it's just best to clean house and not have deadwood in the ranks of your system.

I get your point, but sooner or later it's like an email list, you have to scrub it in order to have true statistics.

It depends on the size of the networks. Sometimes it's just best to clean house and not have deadwood in the ranks of your system.

I get your point, but sooner or later it's like an email list, you have to scrub it in order to have true statistics.

Ok, makes sense I guess. I was moreso wondering if there were disadvantages in terms of poor sites and bad links being traced back to my website and potentially effecting my search engine rankings or something.

I was moreso wondering if there were disadvantages in terms of poor sites and bad links being traced back to my website and potentially effecting my search engine rankings or something.

That's only if you are a site owner having disreputable ads being placed. Typically, affiliates are driving traffic through landers, but if they are placing promotions on actual sites with rankings, then the quality of their site can encourage the SE's to downgrade their value. Keep in mind, many networks/advertisers inspect sites other than landers for such reasons when affiliates plan to place the promotions on those sites.

MI
Back