The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

About Sub-Domains

jadnleo

affiliate
Hi everyone!

So i was wondering, can i make a free sub-domain webpage to get indexed on google and get organic traffic from it? Or just the ones that are bought with "real" extensions like .com, .org, .net, etc. Can achieve that? I was wondering cause i have several sub-domain sites and i would like to get profit from them if its possible :)

Have a nice day!

I really don't mess with sub-domains much unless it's for link building. However, as long as it's on a solid root domain and you put forth the effort to build links and optimize, ranking and driving traffic is possible.

I think there are a lot of blogspot blogs ranking number one on Google which means it's possible to rank sub domains.

If you're focusing on organic traffic I highly recommend getting a domain specifically for the keyword/niche you are wanting to get traffic from.

You can definitely get a free sub-domain from sites like blogspot.com, wordpress.com, weebly.com etc and get it ranked and getting traffic but it really isn't ideal because at the end of the day you don't truly own that domain and it could theoretically be taken down at any time for any reason.

When you own your own domain however you have full control over your website so the $8/year or so for the domain is well worth it.

Plus your own domain just looks much more professional and is much easier to remember which is great if you're trying to build up a 'brand' that people will return to.

It will definitely be harder to rank a sub domain because even though Google sees this as still part of the website it will rank it differently with less weight. Not sure why you are using domains as this is surmount to creating another website. I would create your own domains and if possible have a 301 redirect .

banners
Back