The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

A website or landing page and what is the difference?

hiltonm

affiliate
Hi everyone,

I would like to share my experiences and knowledge with this forum. Also, I welcome any comments and questions so we can share throughout this thread and maybe turn on a light for somebody uncertain about the difference.

A landing page is one webpage; yes, that is singular one page. It usually contains a header, a few body images, some relevant text content, and a few links to an affiliate website. It does not have much human input and is very easy to manage and update because, it only contains a few files.

A website on the other hand is a combination of webpages linked together and has much interaction. Meaning a shopping cart and an account login, just to name a few. It is more complex and can contain thousands of files to manage.

Creating a landing page can be accomplished with little knowledge of html, css, notepad, and a web host. Creating a website will use the above codes, a text editor, and web host in addition, to javascript and php. These are two much more complex codes and make it possible for a website to interact with the server and database.

Just about every affiliate program gives he or she a website with a shopping cart and an affiliate id attached to it. That is why building a landing page is critical to online success as an affiliate marketer because, SEO can be implemented with the landing page.

Affiliate websites are nearly impossible to gain traffic and that is where a landing page comes into play

Have a nice day,
Mike:)

Thanks Mike. It's also important to mention that a landing page can also refer to any page on a website that a visitor "lands on" when they come from a referring site.

banners
Back