The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

A Great Reason To Study And Work ★★★

Hi TeDWooD!

I don't think 100 visitors a day justifies switching to e commerce and no, I do not think it is the best model. Just like affiliate marketing, there is a learning curve for e commerce also. There is a whole different set of rules for almost everything.

I started off in affiliate marketing and every project I do starts with affiliate marketing. You surely know that most affiliates test a product or affiliate program with PPC to find the "big ones", well, I use affiliate marketing to find the big ones in e commerce, but it is not based on volume, it is based on margins and volume plus other factors.

In most cases, I just keep the affiliate sites and never convert to e commerce. Sometimes you make more as an affiliate than you would as an e commerce site. There is a lot more hidden expenses with e commerce, like product liability insurance, fee's , shipping, warehouse space, phones, customer support and much, much more.

Think about this, if you had 2 affiliate sites in the positions I currently hold with the two example sites, at a 10% commission that is 400 k a year as an affiliate, at 20%, it is 800k per year as an affiliate. You don't have to design products, order, ship, insure, support, tax, licenses, certifications, merchant accounts and other stuff for that kind of money. All you have to do is build good content and get top positions. A lot less work for more money in "most" cases.

This post was more about how to get there, not the platform or business model.

pawpoint, Thanks, I hope you take that inspiration and run with it. You can do this too, but you have to believe you can like I believe you can, nothing less. You can not settle for less. If you are one of the majority who "settle", then you will never, never attain results like in these cases.

Hope this helps.

Although this post is a few years old, it offers me the assurance that success is possible. Thank you so much for sharing

banners
Back