The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

$50 Logo Design Contest for a new website!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhyswynne

affiliate
Competition
-----------
Hi, this is a design/logo competition for my new website.

Specification
-------------
What I'm after is a logo for my new Retro Gaming website: Retro Garden - Retro Games News Reviews and Features for Old & New Compuers & Consoles.

The website will be a review blog mainly, but with special features. But the focus of both of them will be on Retro Gaming. Instead of looking at games released recently (2-3 years), I will be reviewing games from the past. So far, I've reviewed games for the N64, SNES, Megadrive, Arcade, Commodore 64, PC, Playstation 1 and Amiga.

As far as look, well I'm not sure exactly colour scheme or look, so if you could work with a completely clean slate, it'll make my job a lot easier :). However, I guess the look I'm going for is not too "retro gamey" (Pixellated fonts = no no), I've thought that a green colour scheme, with the site's name ("Retro Garden") and some sort of relevant logo (space invader, pac-man, joystick) would look good. But it's not set in stone.

How To Enter
--------------
To enter please post your entries below. Multiple entries allowed :)

Prize
-----

The prize is $50 paid in Paypal.

Also, this work I'm planning on featuring on all advertising materials, so would look good for any portfolo :)

Other Notes
-----------
- Anybody who doesn't win the contest still have rights to their design, but the winner must submit rights of the design to me - you're free to use the design for portfolio work and I'd be happy to give you a little write up on the project for your portfolio and answer any questions future contractors may have.

- Design must be submitted to me in large jpg and fireworks png (psd also accepted, but png prefered)

- Finally, the final design will be around 140px x 350px

Deadline
--------
Deadline will be January 19th, 2008 at 10pm GMT.

Questions
---------
If you have any questions, please leave them below and I'll be happy to answer them.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm nice design contest you have.
If you wish i have a portfolio of many banners, logos, signitures, 3d modeled animations that i have done.

I will be glad to assist you.
Pm me for more info :)

By the way, I am happy to chip in additional $20 to the winner of this contest, taking the total to $70 but you need to get your designs done and post it to this thread.
You also need to have 11 posts or more to get the $20 I am adding to this contest.

Hello,
I have made a quick rough draft and would like to know what needs to be changed/improved. What do you think?

img176[dot]imageshack[dot]us/img176/1481/retrogardenpa0[dot]jpg

PS. I cannot post images or links yet :newhere:

I think it may be worth while introducing yourself at the intro forum and just adding the additinal 10 post required for you to be able to post links

Ok wht i did here was simply use your site colours to blend the logo, i can easily remove it to be used for any occasion.

This was just my first go.
Please coment :)

retroone.jpg

logylaps' logo:

retrogardenpa0.jpg

Thoughts:

logylaps: I do like the concept of the logo, it's very cool! Only thing is that I'm not sure at the moment if I'm going for a black background. Always wanted it to appear a little professional than a fansite (which are usually on black).

Scripter: Thanks for your effort so far, however I'm not sure if I want to go for a "Garden" approach, more of a retro approach (of course, retroy looking flowers such as the fire flower from Mario Brothers could work :). (Sorry, should've said that at the beginning :))

Anyway, to give a little bit of inspiration, here's some sites I read in the same niche as what Retrogarden will become:

Virtual Console Reviews - The Virtual Console Archive
Retro Remakes — Classic Gaming For The Next Generation
Retro Games - Online Game Site Supporting all retro, classic and neo-classic video game formats. Nintendo, Sega, SNK, PC Engine, Jamma, SNES, Master System, megadrive, neogeo pocket commodore sinclair spectrum, grandstand, LSI, Tomy, Entex, Game Gear
Imagine Publishing - Retro Gamer - Breathing new life into classic games
*[ Retrogames ] - Your ONE STOP emulation site!

With the exception of the VC Reviews and Retrogamer though, I'm not too keen on the logos, and sure you talented people can do better

Thanks for your efforts so far!

I like it much better. The colours aren't quite right yet (it's too dark for my liking) but they are demos (I usually play around with the logos in PNG/PSD format). What I do like is the circle thingy to the right of the text could be used as a favicon. :)

Could you try it without the tag line? Don't think I may have one.

Well, here are a few revisions:

retrogarden2vy8.jpg
retrogarden3zq2.jpg
retrogarden4wz3.jpg

What do you think?

EDIT: PS: I made a few contributions to the forum so that I can post the pics :)

Again good :)

I've had second thougths about the flowers though. I don't want Nintendo knocking on my door. I do like the first one the best, without really anything to associate it with anything.

How does it look with both e's being pac-men?

Thanks for that, looks good :), now how does it look on a white background? :)

Note that backrounds can still be changed and always edited more, this is just a demo, please comment

retrogarden.jpg

Ignore the square backround, its for demo purposes

Hmmm...Nice idea but I prefer the other one. I don't want to appear to focussed on one brand or product (if that makes sense).

Maybe things like paraphanalia could be a way forward (joysticks/floppy disks/tapes etc)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MI
Back