The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

33 and Counting Lesser Known Social Media Sites

azgold

Administrator
Administrator
Dojo Master
Sometimes, you just want to try something new and different, branch out and test the traffic and relationships. Or maybe build your social media link wheel using new spokes. :) Perhaps some of these will help you do that.

People who've been in the industry a while undoubtedly already know about these but for the rest of us, some of them might be previously unknown.

Anyway, here is a list of 33 (and counting) lesser known social media sites, along with their page rank, for you to consider when planning your marketing strategy.

I can't vouch for the user experience of any of these, haven't used them yet.

Please be sure to read the TOS of a site, don't assume theirs are the same as similar sites that you're already using.

Video
Top - Plurk (PR7) (content/video sharing)
Howcast | The best how-to videos on the web (PR6) (video how-tos)
From Arrested Development to the Anchorman (PR6) (Max 10 minutes length)
Mobli (PR5) (photo & video sharing)

Image Sharing
pinhere.me (PR0) (mashup of Pinterest and Instagram formats)
Whisper (PR0) (Image posting)
We Heart It (PR0) (image sharing)
Ello (image sharing, with or without content and allows links)
Poolwo (photo, video, blog, article, news sharing site with groups and polls)
Single Product Page - Minimable Demo - Hyper app for iOS (photo sharing, allows hash/geo tagging, allows you to remain anonymous) Thing is, I don't know if you can hyperlink.

Social Networking

VK - Based in Russia and the Ukraine
A social network to expand your world (PR1) (Social network)
Tagged (PR6) (Social network)
hi5 (PR6) (Social network, sign up page looks identical to tagged)
Build and cultivate your own community - Ning.com (PR7) (Social network)
LiveJournal: Discover global communities of friends who share your unique passions and interests. (PR8) (Private journal, blog, forum and social network)
CircleMe - Keeps you up to date with all your passions (PR3) (Social)
fubar: Real people. Real fun. (PR5) (adult)
VampireFreaks.com - Gothic Industrial Culture (PR4) (Goth/Industrial audience)
Listly - Lists made easy + social + fun! (PR5) (add to other people's lists or invite them to add to yours)
2go mobile social network (PR0) - mobile social network based in Nigeria. We have a few Fixers from that part of the world who may really like this.
Athlinks - Social network for endurance athletes of all levels and abilites. A great, high ranking site if you're promoting health and fitness!
Care2 - More than 35 million strong! Green living and social activism.
Elixio Network - A global network for top influencers. This one could be a challenge but if you can get in, you can make some seriously awesome connections! You must apply for membership.
Passfeed | Your Local Social Network (local dating social app)
Glynk: Your Like-minded Network (local friend finder)
Shots App - The Comedy App on the App Store (Shots) (comedy social app, allows image and video sharing. Share to IG)

Other
Start your own free forum, social network, social community, or chat room instantly | Yuku (PR5) (Message board)
CafeMom - Moms Connecting About Pregnancy, Babies, Home, Health, and More (PR6) (a forum for moms)
ipadio - Reach the Hard to Reach (PR4) (phlogging from your phone)
Papaly.com - bookmarker for your links, can be shared also
Medium (article sharing, great Alexa rating)

Edit: Forgot to mention that all of these are either free or have basic free accounts.

Update - just found a new one that I'd never heard of before: Twoo - Meet New People

Last edited:
Holy cow, I didn't think hi5 was still around! Thanks for the heads up, think I had an account there about 10 years ago. :)
They still exists. There are many players. 99% are fake profiles and each player is having 2-3 more fake profiles so that they can play better.

Sometimes, you just want to try something new and different, branch out and test the traffic and relationships. Or maybe build your social media link wheel using new spokes. :) Perhaps some of these will help you do that.

People who've been in the industry a while undoubtedly already know about these but for the rest of us, some of them might be previously unknown.

Anyway, here is a list of 20 lesser known social media sites, along with their page rank, for you to consider when planning your marketing strategy.

Please be sure to read the TOS of a site, don't assume theirs are the same as similar sites that you're already using.

Video

Image Sharing

Social Networking

yfrog | Share, Converse and Connect (PR6) (Social, also has yfrog for Twitter)
LiveJournal: Discover global communities of friends who share your unique passions and interests. (PR8) (Private journal, blog, forum and social network)
Listly - Lists made easy + social + fun! (PR5) (add to other people's lists or invite them to add to yours)

Other
Start your own free forum, social network, social community, or chat room instantly | Yuku (PR5) (Message board)
CafeMom - Moms Connecting About Pregnancy, Babies, Home, Health, and More (PR6) (a forum for moms)

Edit: Forgot to mention that all of these are either free or have basic free accounts.
Thanks Azigold for sharing the content despite the length. It has come to my attention that we are always overlooking on the social media systems which when well used can be of great help to all of us. I have been using Hi5 social media application and trust me it is a good one. I still remember an application known as 2go. It was one of the best messaging application I have ever experienced. I really don't know is they sill exist on this competitive market.

Anyway, here is a list of 20 lesser known social media sites, along with their page rank, for you to consider when planning your marketing strategy.

Video

Image Sharing

Social Networking

yfrog | Share, Converse and Connect (PR6) (Social, also has yfrog for Twitter)

Other

Thanks Azigold for sharing the content despite the length. It has come to my attention that we are always overlooking on the social media systems which when well used can be of great help to all of us. I have been using Hi5 social media application and trust me it is a good one. I still remember an application known as 2go. It was one of the best messaging application I have ever experienced. I really don't know is they sill exist on this competitive market.

Yeah, @internalsoul reminded me about hi5, which I had an account on a loooooong time ago. Forgot all about it, I guess I should ad it to the list.

Re 2go, it's still around. Went looking for it after reading your post. Will also add it to the original list, thanks for mentioning it.
2go mobile social network

Nov. 25/15 - updated, added hi5 and 2go
Nov. 25/15 - I'm losing it, already had hi5 on there. More coffee!

Last edited:
Yeah, @internalsoul reminded me about hi5, which I had an account on a loooooong time ago. Forgot all about it, I guess I should ad it to the list.

Re 2go, it's still around. Went looking for it after reading your post. Will also add it to the original list, thanks for mentioning it.
2go mobile social network

Nov. 25/15 - updated, added hi5 and 2go
Nov. 25/15 - I'm losing it, already had hi5 on there. More coffee!

Awsome list buddy........... I think there are some sites also that are not mentioned in the list... em i rite? if not correct me and if yes then please let me know what about those sites........

Awsome list buddy........... I think there are some sites also that are not mentioned in the list... em i rite? if not correct me and if yes then please let me know what about those sites........

There might be (probably) but I don't know how you'd keep up with so many without a staff. :)

Last edited:
nice compilation, few more

VSCO Cam

Retica
Hipstamatic
Camera Plus

Flickr
Pixlr
Snapseed
Camera360 Ultimate
Hipster

Thanks for contributing these suggestions.

Correct me if I'm wrong please but aren't these photo imaging/editing sites?

Update - added a few more social networks.

I want to know if anyone applies to the Elixio network! :)

banners
Back