The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

101 ways to promote your website

temi

affiliate
101 Ways to promote your website (well, 10 so far :)

When new webmasters come to this UK WW forum looking advice on how to promote their website, we usually just offer them suggestion and then repeat the same suggestion to the next newbie in future forum.
A more efficient way to address nobs website promotion enquiries it to have a web promotion sticky, if after reading that sticky and nobs still have questions, they can then post it.
I am calling the sticky “101 ways to promote your website” , I don’t quite have 101 promotion tips yet, I will start with 10, I look forward to other members contributing their site promotion tips to help me take it to 101. Here we go:

1. In the brick and mortar world, when new business is launched, they usually do a launch and Press Release about the business, this get the word out about the business, do the same for your website. Write a Press Release and use a press release distribution company to get it circulated.
  2. Participate in forums and mention your website to members of the forum.
  3. Submit you site to quality web directories.
  4. Encourage your website visitors to link to your site.
  5. Exchange links with sites in your niche.
  6. Consider hiring a link builder to build links for you if the fund is available.
  7. Submit your site to social bookmarking sites
  8. Word of mouth is powerful, tell as many people as possible about your site.
  9. Add social bookmarking button to your site so that it can be bookmarked easily by your visitors.
  10. Place a free classified ads for your site in free classified advert sites such as Craig's list and Guntree.
  11. Write and submit articles . It is a classic, but it works.
  12. Write and ping your blog entries. Always make sure to link back to your website with your blog posts.
  13. Tag blog posts at social bookmarking sites, especially at Delicious.
  14. Politely ask your readers to subscribe to your rss feeds.
  15. Have a GREAT product. All of the marketing/advertising in the world will do you no good if your product does not worth it.
  16. You can participate in social networking site such as facebook, stumbleupon, multiply and etc..
  17. Blog commenting on a related categories. ( Make sure your post is relative and helpful to others.)
  18. Participate in Q&A such as Yahoo Answer, Yedda, Answer Bag, Answer and etc.
  19. Add the URL and brief description in your signature of your email
  20. Add the URL to your business card.
  21. Contests are a very popular form of making a huge noise - resulting in free.
  22. publicity - make sure that you ask the contestants to link to your site
  23. Provide a free e-book with links to your sites.
  24. Creating a controversy by critising a Celebrity is another way of getting noticed in your SEO blog or other blogs.
  25. start an affiliate program to help boost your traffic and sales
  26. use pay per click advertising to once again boost your traffic and sales.
  27. Buy a nuclear missile and paint your website address on the side.
  28. Get on Dragon's Den to promote your affiliate marketing web site - Car Leasing, PCP, Lease Cars, Contract & Lease Hire from Ling at LINGsCARS
  29. Submit your site's RSS feeds to [FONT=&quot]aggregator sites like FeedBurner, Feedboy, Jordomedia[/FONT]
  30. [FONT=&quot] Do a good write up for your site and submit it to article sites.[/FONT]
  31. Get an interview with honored people's blog and write about them, in return of getting a linkback to your website about the reviews via their website.
  32. Get your site reviewed in a leading blog in your niche.
  33. Sponsor a directory or wordpress theme.
  34. Create a micro site for your website.
  35. Create custom 404 page.
  36. ask the mall lobby to announce your name and your site in the loud speaker for 3 times.
  37. sponsoring event and put your site name in the banner.
  38. make a controversial t-shirt with your site name.
  39. Use 301 redirect to forward your sitename .com to www . sitename .com
  40. Add function that makes bookmarking your site easy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Few more tips:
* Write and submit articles . It is a classic, but it works.
* Write and ping your blog entries. Always make sure to link back to your website with your blog posts.
* Tag blog posts at social bookmarking sites, especially at http://del.icio.us/.
* Politely ask your readers to subscribe to your rss feeds.
* Have a GREAT product. All of the marketing/advertising in the world will do you no good if your product does not worth it.

Here's another tips:

16. You can participate in social networking site such as facebook, stumbleupon, multiply and etc..
17. Blog commenting on a related categories. ( Make sure your post is relative and helpful to others.)
18. Participate in Q&A such as Yahoo Answer, Yedda, Answer Bag, Answer and etc..

19. Add the URL and brief description in your signature of your email

20. Add the URL to your business card

21. Contests are a very popular form of making a huge noise - resulting in free
publicity - make sure that you ask the contestants to link to your site

22. Provide a free e-book with links to your sites.

23.Creating a controversy by critising a Celebrity is another way of getting noticed.

24. start an affiliate program to help boost your traffic and sales

25. use pay per click advertising to once again boost your traffic and sales

Thanks very much for all your suggestions, we have gone a quarter of the way, we need 76 more suggestions, any more?

33. Get your site reviewed in a leading blog in your niche
34. Sponsor a directory or wordpress theme

37. ask the mall lobby to announce your name and your site in the loud speaker for 3 times.
38. sponsoring event and put your site name in the banner.
39. make a controversial t-shirt with your site name.

40. Use 301 redirect to forward your sitename .com to www . sitename .com
41. Add function that makes bookmarking your site easy.

Temi, do you have a Wiki in your arsenal? It would be perfect for this list, it is difficult to remember what's at the beginning when adding new items. Or perhaps it is just me lol

I agree with you, the idea is to transfer it to a wiki or something like that once we have 101. I think for now, I will put all the suggestion into the first thread so that you can consult that if you are not sure of a tip you want to add, consult the consolidated list here

MI
Back