The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Zeropark affiliate journey

DoubleDouble

Hi All,
having been inspired on a post by @servandosilva Zeropark Live Case Study (from $0 to $XXX per day). As well as some other people on the thread namely @ironbull as well as @comegetbravo I committed to running a live case study as well.

About me:
I have
been dabbling in IM for quite some time, pretty active on this forum. I am yet to have a positive ROI from the campaigns that I have been running. I am pretty much to blame for this as I have had some good campaigns and have either overthought things or not been patient enough with them.

I intend to update this each day and hopefully get some feedback from everyone on the forum about what I can do and can not do better. For the sake of transparency and being this is not a high value campaign, I will share the data with you from the start.

Tools:
Tracker - adsbridge
traffic source - Zeropark
Hosting - blue host
CDN - cdn77
Aff network - Appflood/clickdealer
offer - priced under $1
Geo - T2/T3
spy tool - Adplexity.

(sorry Servando, am ripping your format but the content is all mine :p)

1. Research
I spoke with my AM and we discussed some offers, as well as looked at what is on the top offers reports. I chose an offer with a lot payout (less than $1) I also tool a look on adplexity to see the landers that were being run on there. Got some ideas and got creating.

2.Landing pages and setup
I took 3 landing pages, to get some initial data, then will start chopping and changing them. They are all pretty different looking with more/less aggressive messages. I also made sure to put them in the CDN to make sure the site load times are nice and fast. I am also setting offers to go to YTZ rotator. i.e. if the country is not X then I will move it to a rotator.

3.Launching a defining a budget
I have kept the payout very low as want to learn as much as possible and then scale up from there.

I have gone with 20X offer payout for the test per day.

4. Optimization
The campaign so far has been running for 3 days. Here are the results so far:

The only thing I have been doing the last few days is cutting sources where the spend is x2 of the offer. Or where there is a large amount of impressions and no conversions.

4.2 Testing multiple lander

As you can see there are 2 landing pages clearly outperforming the other one. Having looked at the statistical significance. I am going to turn off LP3 as the data is statistically significant to say that it is being out performed by the other 2.

Conclusions
I will keep optimizing until this is a profitable campaign (unless anyone would advise otherwise). any feedback welcome :)

Doing great so far!

This seems promising, also, don't forget to split test the same offer on different networks, and similiar offers.

It would be best to split test more offers and more landing pages before cutting too many placements, but if they're clearly not performing or is sending bot traffic, then sure block them.

Doing great so far!

This seems promising, also, don't forget to split test the same offer on different networks, and similiar offers.

It would be best to split test more offers and more landing pages before cutting too many placements, but if they're clearly not performing or is sending bot traffic, then sure block them.

thanks, agreed just waiting for some more offers of the same geo and type to get approved and will add them in the mix tomorrow. I will try and get another couple of landers in the mix tonight. so I have around 5 in the mix (6 including the one that I cut)

thanks, agreed just waiting for some more offers of the same geo and type to get approved and will add them in the mix tomorrow. I will try and get another couple of landers in the mix tonight. so I have around 5 in the mix (6 including the one that I cut)

When you've found the winning lander, don't forget to try and improve it, make 10-20 different variations of it and split test them, run them for more than a day, so you are sure to get statistical significance.

Good thread, subscribing. Few questions - are u using paid adsbridge or their 1 month free trial? And what traffic type - domain traffic/premium PPV/searc traffic?

Thanks, good luck!

Good thread, subscribing. Few questions - are u using paid adsbridge or their 1 month free trial? And what traffic type - domain traffic/premium PPV/searc traffic?

Thanks, good luck!
HI, using the starter paid subscription and focusing on premium PPV for this test.

So here we go - day 2 and the results are in. ( cap has been hit for the day ($5))

Overall spend is $22 which is coming up to 100x the value of the payout.
Total payout is 11.27 from 49 conversions

The campaign so far has been running for ~5 days.

As per the case study by Servando, I have found that there are targets that are converting but are not profitable so I have stopped those, and again stopping targets where there is x2 of the payout or a lot of impressions and no conversions. I also stopped on source which had spent 30x the payout and no conversions.

Following some advice in this thread from @comegetbravo I added some landing pages, ( there is now a total of 8 landing pages).

as you can see there is some nice results with the conversions %.

The cost is not 100% accurate, but following advice from @ironbull in the servando thread

"1 - Set the bid in the traffic source
2 - Set the same bid in your tracker
3 - Run some traffic (for example $10)
4 - Calculate the click loss between the traffic source and the tracker [100% - ((tracker visits * 100)/traffic source visits)%]
5 - Adjust the cost manually in your tracker (if it says $8.59, adjust it to $10) the first time.
6 - Calculate a new bid in your tracker based on the visits you received. Let's say you bought 10000 visits with a $0.001 bid. That's $10 spent. If you received 8590 visits and you paid $10, the new bid would be something around $0.00117.
7 - Set up that bid in your tracker and maintain the initial one in your traffic source. The change of bid will compensate the click loss and everything will be tracked correctly.

P.S. keep in mind that the click loss could be different depending on several factors (Connection type, Country, Landing Page Speed etc.) so this should be done on a campaign level."

the cost is pretty accurate.

Also to add, as per suggestion I have also added another offer in the mix same geo same type (anti virus) but different aff network)

Questions to the group therefore:

1/ should i keep going with this campaign, if so what is point where I say no more? I appreciate that this is not a XXXXXX$ per however long campaign, it is more about the learning.
2/ is there anything I am doing that I should change to make it better, or just keep up with the blacklisting.
3/ how are the results so far? I have in the past set my expectations a little too high and not been realistic. Is there anything I can do better.

any other general feedback let me know, happy to hear about it! in the meantime thanks and keep grinding!

Last edited:
Love this, was inspired by the same thread and about a month behind you. Following with interest and thanks for sharing.

So here we go - day 2 and the results are in. ( cap has been hit for the day ($5))

Overall spend is $22 which is coming up to 100x the value of the payout.
Total payout is 11.27 from 49 conversions

The campaign so far has been running for ~5 days.

As per the case study by Servando, I have found that there are targets that are converting but are not profitable so I have stopped those, and again stopping targets where there is x2 of the payout or a lot of impressions and no conversions. I also stopped on source which had spent 30x the payout and no conversions.

Following some advice in this thread from @comegetbravo I added some landing pages, ( there is now a total of 8 landing pages).

as you can see there is some nice results with the conversions %.

The cost is not 100% accurate, but following advice from @ironbull in the servando thread

"1 - Set the bid in the traffic source
2 - Set the same bid in your tracker
3 - Run some traffic (for example $10)
4 - Calculate the click loss between the traffic source and the tracker [100% - ((tracker visits * 100)/traffic source visits)%]
5 - Adjust the cost manually in your tracker (if it says $8.59, adjust it to $10) the first time.
6 - Calculate a new bid in your tracker based on the visits you received. Let's say you bought 10000 visits with a $0.001 bid. That's $10 spent. If you received 8590 visits and you paid $10, the new bid would be something around $0.00117.
7 - Set up that bid in your tracker and maintain the initial one in your traffic source. The change of bid will compensate the click loss and everything will be tracked correctly.

P.S. keep in mind that the click loss could be different depending on several factors (Connection type, Country, Landing Page Speed etc.) so this should be done on a campaign level."

the cost is pretty accurate.

Also to add, as per suggestion I have also added another offer in the mix same geo same type (anti virus) but different aff network)

Questions to the group therefore:

1/ should i keep going with this campaign, if so what is point where I say no more? I appreciate that this is not a XXXXXX$ per however long campaign, it is more about the learning.
2/ is there anything I am doing that I should change to make it better, or just keep up with the blacklisting.
3/ how are the results so far? I have in the past set my expectations a little too high and not been realistic. Is there anything I can do better.

any other general feedback let me know, happy to hear about it! in the meantime thanks and keep grinding!

Is this all the traffic you can get or is this capped to a daily budget?, it seems that some landers are almost breaking even, you could easily make this a winning campaign if you keep blacklisting!

Is this all the traffic you can get or is this capped to a daily budget?, it seems that some landers are almost breaking even, you could easily make this a winning campaign if you keep blacklisting!

thanks for the feedback - its capped at the moment to $5 per day for the testing budget. I could uncap it, according to the traffic estimator there are approx 30m monthly redirects. so not huge traffic but there is still enough there.

I am currently in BP1/2 but the traffic doesnt seem to be coming too fast.... any thoughts?

thanks for the feedback - its capped at the moment to $5 per day for the testing budget. I could uncap it, according to the traffic estimator there are approx 30m monthly redirects. so not huge traffic but there is still enough there.

I am currently in BP1/2 but the traffic doesnt seem to be coming too fast.... any thoughts?

1 million redirects per day would be quite nice.. You wouldn't win it all if you uncapped though.

Have you tried this on PPV? Might do a $5/day test on pops aswell, with the landers and offers that worked for you.

I would increase the daily budget to anything under $100 (personal, you can do it much lower if you want) but so you get more data, because you're probably only getting traffic from a few placements and if you eventually made this campaign green and uncapped it, you would unlock a lot more placements, and they might not respond well to your landing page/offer, and as you're almost already breaking even you should be comfortable with spending $20/day and getting $15-18 back..

More data = better optimization

1 million redirects per day would be quite nice.. You wouldn't win it all if you uncapped though.

Have you tried this on PPV? Might do a $5/day test on pops aswell, with the landers and offers that worked for you.

I would increase the daily budget to anything under $100 (personal, you can do it much lower if you want) but so you get more data, because you're probably only getting traffic from a few placements and if you eventually made this campaign green and uncapped it, you would unlock a lot more placements, and they might not respond well to your landing page/offer, and as you're almost already breaking even you should be comfortable with spending $20/day and getting $15-18 back..

More data = better optimization

its currently running on PPV with zeropark (they just refer to the number as redirects for some reason) Redirected Domain Traffic - Volume

I can up the test budget, the offer payout is ±.2 so $100 per day seems a bit of a jump from the $5 :p I can up it to $20 day tomorrow and see how we get on? don't want to go tooo crazy on this right at the start.

also do you think that the bid in position 1 is high enough?

Last edited:
lol i wish, although not sure, i will up the daily budget to 20 from midnight tonight and see how we get on. will post the results in tomorrow.

Is the daily budget spread out equally during the day or are you only getting traffic during an hour or a couple of hours?

I've seen for example in one of my campaigns that during 13:00 - 14:00 I'm doing a very bad ROI, but 15:00-16:00 I'm doing almost 150%, so if possible try to spread out your budget during the day so you get data for every hour.
If that's not possible, I would focus on gathering the data during the day, and not the night.

Is the daily budget spread out equally during the day or are you only getting traffic during an hour or a couple of hours?
So
I've seen for example in one of my campaigns that during 13:00 - 14:00 I'm doing a very bad ROI, but 15:00-16:00 I'm doing almost 150%, so if possible try to spread out your budget during the day so you get data for every hour.
If that's not possible, I would focus on gathering the data during the day, and not the night.

for the beenfit of the share , the breakdown looks like this:

this is over the duration of the campaign so far. Its pretty average. There isn't really the option to spread out the budget during the day, but on $5 it usually runs from midnight through to mid afternoon, not sure if that will change with a higher daily cap. Being that the best times are coming up , I will uncrease the cap now and see what happens

Hi All,
having been inspired on a post by @servandosilva Zeropark Live Case Study (from $0 to $XXX per day). As well as some other people on the thread namely @ironbull as well as @comegetbravo I committed to running a live case study as well.

About me:
I have
been dabbling in IM for quite some time, pretty active on this forum. I am yet to have a positive ROI from the campaigns that I have been running. I am pretty much to blame for this as I have had some good campaigns and have either overthought things or not been patient enough with them.

I intend to update this each day and hopefully get some feedback from everyone on the forum about what I can do and can not do better. For the sake of transparency and being this is not a high value campaign, I will share the data with you from the start.

Tools:
Tracker - adsbridge
traffic source - Zeropark
Hosting - blue host
CDN - cdn77
Aff network - Appflood/clickdealer
offer - priced under $1
Geo - T2/T3
spy tool - Adplexity.

(sorry Servando, am ripping your format but the content is all mine :p)

1. Research
I spoke with my AM and we discussed some offers, as well as looked at what is on the top offers reports. I chose an offer with a lot payout (less than $1) I also tool a look on adplexity to see the landers that were being run on there. Got some ideas and got creating.

2.Landing pages and setup
I took 3 landing pages, to get some initial data, then will start chopping and changing them. They are all pretty different looking with more/less aggressive messages. I also made sure to put them in the CDN to make sure the site load times are nice and fast. I am also setting offers to go to YTZ rotator. i.e. if the country is not X then I will move it to a rotator.

3.Launching a defining a budget
I have kept the payout very low as want to learn as much as possible and then scale up from there.

I have gone with 20X offer payout for the test per day.

4. Optimization
The campaign so far has been running for 3 days. Here are the results so far:

The only thing I have been doing the last few days is cutting sources where the spend is x2 of the offer. Or where there is a large amount of impressions and no conversions.

4.2 Testing multiple lander

As you can see there are 2 landing pages clearly outperforming the other one. Having looked at the statistical significance. I am going to turn off LP3 as the data is statistically significant to say that it is being out performed by the other 2.

Conclusions
I will keep optimizing until this is a profitable campaign (unless anyone would advise otherwise). any feedback welcome :)

AWESOME! Keep it going, @servandosilva will teach you to earn BIG!

Hi All, Day 3 of the updates. Some interesting improvements

1. I added in another AV same geo offer from another affiliate network
2. Kept optimizing by cutting sources.
3. Following a post by Servando on his thread, I changed the frequency cap to 1/12h.
4. Cut some worst performers pages (based on statistical significance)

Some points to note before we get to some of the exciting stuff.

current stats look like this:

Note that the spend is different in my tracking platform (this is explained above) so an ROI of -49%

It is however getting better each day:

Still not great but I do feel making some slow progress.

I am trying to not overly optimize as I still feel I am at the point where I need to gather data, but there are some improvements that I can make.

Whilst look at the stats I notices that iOS and Windows devices only ever converted on 2 of the landing pages. Whilst Android converted on more:

Needless to say I have now set up Adsbridge to direct the traffic to the LPs based on OS.

I am hoping this will help with the overall ROI of the campaign.

It does appear that there is a landing page or 2 that are cutting clear of the rest.

Following comments from @comegetbravo yesterday I upped the daily budget to $20, but still no where near hitting that.

questions:
1/Was it the right thing to do to split the LP by OS at the stage based on the amount of data/length of campaign.
2/How is this campaign looking overall? Is it one to stick with? I appreciate it is not a super earner, is it realistic to get this into the green?
3/any other tips for now?

banners
Back