The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Your Favorite Part of Affiliate Marketing?

Your Favorite Part of Affiliate Marketing???

• Researching merchants - finding new programs

Votes: 19 11.2%
  • Writing content

Votes: 36 21.3%
  • Designing sites

Votes: 39 23.1%
  • Marketing in general & driving traffic

Votes: 45 26.6%
  • Playing the SEO, SEM or PPC game

Votes: 31 18.3%
  • Checking my stats

Votes: 46 27.2%
  • Cashing my checks

Votes: 65 38.5%
  • The thrill of the unknown :-)

Votes: 22 13.0%
  • The excitement of the roller coaster ride :-)

Votes: 18 10.7%
  • Other - Explain below

Votes: 16 9.5%

• Total voters
I would have to say designing sites and then creating content. I have a serious problem though. I have gobs and gobs of articles written on paper but I really really hate to type. It's not laziness, I am just really bad at typing so it takes me forever to put my articles in marketable form.

Bummer

Sheree

Helping my clients make $$!

I work within the interactive marketing realm; so my favorite part of affiliate networking is on the opposite side of the spectrum-helping my clients make money!

:D
Ciao

I've got to also add that I really do love the SEO game. I used to be absolutely clueless and believe that the only people who can get ranked were people who have had their sites up for ages and who have paid to have their sites optimed or whatever.

I have since realized that it can happen for anyone if you just commit yourself to having great content and getting your stuff out there. The whole Web 2.0 thing has been great for "the little guys" who don't want to spend tons of money to get ranked.

Sheree

If I can create an article thats interesting and helpful, thats always a good thing.

Very interesting point. Once I got into affiliate marketing I discovered how much I enjoy helping people through my content, etc. and it is a very rewarding process, especially when you receive emails from people thanking you. Sometimes it's the little things. Being helpful is always fun. :)

SEO Rules!!!

It is a great feeling to build a website, do some seo and a few weeks later find it ranks for your keywords

Better still when you look at your site's statistics and it ranks well for other keywords you were not targeting. Great stuff

favorite things

I love those answers above!

My favorite part of affiliate marketing is working with affiliates and seeing them grow overtime. There are several affiliates that I have worked with since 2000 and in that time they went from starting a website to working a full time job and their part time affiliate business. Then they went from there to working more at home and trying to balance both jobs and finally to taking that huge step and working on their affiliate business full time.

Watching so much hard work bear fruit is awesome. Seeing them be able to support their families on work that they can now do from home is so fullfilling and I like to think, in some instances, I helped them along the way. I know they have helped me.

It's great to be a part, even a small small part, in the success of others and seeing how that changes lives.

What I love about Affiliate Marketing from a Mgr's perspective is that is never gets old. This industry is constantly evolving there is always something new going on. Whether it is offers, or pubs, or advertisers, there is always something fresh everyday. It is anything but boring.

There aren't many sales occupations out there where you can be elated one minute and totally fustrated the next, and constantly busy..

The best part for me is the marketing...

Aside from cashing the checks...

The best part for me is not having to spend all the time creating the product. I can just focus my efforts on the marketing which is a whole lot more exciting.

Best wishes,

Michael

I picked other

At this point I am not sure what I like the best, so I picked other.

I probably would have picked cashing checks, except I haven't gotten one yet:(

I'll tell you this I am write in the middle of first time marketing and traffic generating and SEO and I am NOT LOVIN THAT!! :eek: Ask me again after I figure out what I'm doing!

Excellent poll, Linda!

From the mgmt. p.o.v, it's great to work closely with affiliates and see them benefit in the process. It's even more exciting to see what new developments will occur.

Just recently we collaborated with an affiliate who had a network of URLs. Due to little time, she wasn't able to promote on all her sites and didn't even know where to begin with our merchants, as we have a long list from a variety of verticals. Anyway, by just assessing her site and helping her to determine what type of brands were best for her audience, she began promoting on one of her websites this week and just two days ago, she generated her first sale. This was a thrill to see! :)

Thanks Maranda, so glad to hear the fav part from your perspective.
I'm with you, it's such a thrill when you can help a new affiliate see the light,
turn the corner and start making sales.

Absolutely! And I can understand how from an affiliate's perspective they love to see the big checks come in.

stacks%20of%20money.jpg

Great reward for hard work! ;)

As for me, I enjoy the game of it. Leaping into the unknown, doing research, challenging myself writing content, the variety and selection to choose from. I also love interacting with the type of people who get involved in Affiliate Marketing. :cool:

There are two things I love about Affiliate Marketing:

- talk with my affiliates and answer to their questions/inquiries/needs.
- recruit new affiliates

Favorite part of affiliate marketing - knowing that you can beat the system, stop 'loving your servitude', and realize that this is all possible. So the 'proof' of success in itself is what I love most - finding out about it - assuming it's a scam - being skeptical in trying - then POOF - converting :)

**I will also note a 'cool' part to AM'ing is trying to explain to others what I do - I'm sure you're all the same - you start to sound like an informercial (those passionate anyway). So it's cool when I peak someones interest, and then get to see them go through the above cycle and thank me.

Norb.

Yes I agree norb it's hard not to sound like your pushing what your promoting when explaing what you do for a living, again for me this is all new but I love collecting the information and putting it all together and trying to find the best fit for it to make some green. It is a wonderful felling when you hammer the pavement and do your own promoting/marketing instead of paying for adwords and other types of programs and you start to see traffic and conversions from your sites. It is especially for me since just starting out the best felling because their are so many so called gurus out there that say you won't make it if you don't buy into ppc or certain programs(that I won't mention here) that you have to pay for in order to get traffic/conversions.. It is a very satisfying felling to say the least...ok enough ranting thanks for reading....

There are just so many other reasons:

1. Meeting new people and helping them

2. Flexiblility of having my own business (I really don't have the money to own my shop)

3. Challenging myself

4. Having fun in what I do possibly because of I control my working time. But I am sure I am having more fun in my last 9-5 job

5. Being able to control my time. I can start work after dinner until 2am. No one will care. :D

6. New things to learn almost everyday. I was quite stagnant during my last job. Doing the same thing, meeting the same people, saying the similar greetings. It just crreps me out.

banners
Back