The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

You set up your FB Fan Page, slowly getting fans.. NOW WHAT?

hiimjeremy

Affiliate Manager
Affiliate Manager
Lead Barons Media
Hey Luke!

How goes it? Thanks for taking time out to help answer questions from the community. I have recently starting working with a fan page on Facebook based on a television show, that has under 50 likes with content added multiple times daily. I've tossed around some small FB Ad purchases to boost exposure for some testing, but I had a question before I really went heavy on investing more $$ into the page.

Q: What are your top most effective methods in promoting a new FB fan page to increase exposure and activity? (Aside from purchasing exposure on FB)

This would definitely help me and hopefully some others. Thanks!

To be honest, it's very hard to get engagement without someone to actually engage. There are 3 different ways that I believe are actually effective when it comes to building up your Page:

1. Facebook Ads - this has already been discussed a few times :)
2. Cross promote your own Pages - I do this a lot. For example, if you have a Page for Homer Simpson, create one for Bart Simpson and cross promote them!
3. Find others with a Page in your niche and offer a share for share - I don't do this, but it's a very common practice. It'll be hard at first if you don't have a user base to convince someone to do a share for share, but it's probably still worth a try.

Another thing that I do to help build up engagement within my Page is a giveaway. I'll give away a product in the niche of my Page and tell people to share, like, comment to be entered. This will cost you, but it's a good way to build up trust and provide value.

To be honest, it's very hard to get engagement without someone to actually engage. There are 3 different ways that I believe are actually effective when it comes to building up your Page:

1. Facebook Ads - this has already been discussed a few times :)
2. Cross promote your own Pages - I do this a lot. For example, if you have a Page for Homer Simpson, create one for Bart Simpson and cross promote them!
3. Find others with a Page in your niche and offer a share for share - I don't do this, but it's a very common practice. It'll be hard at first if you don't have a user base to convince someone to do a share for share, but it's probably still worth a try.

Another thing that I do to help build up engagement within my Page is a giveaway. I'll give away a product in the niche of my Page and tell people to share, like, comment to be entered. This will cost you, but it's a good way to build up trust and provide value.

Thanks for the tips!

Last edited by a moderator:
MI
Back