The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Yahoo SiteExplorer and Yahoo links and linkdomain

J

jmeager

What is the difference between the backlink numbers given by Yahoo and Yahoo SiteExplorer using the Link and Linkdomain: command?

Which of the two is the most significant when it comes to Page Rank?

:oops:

I think it does not have anything to do with PR as PR is a google specific thing and Yahoo has nothing to with PR. However, having backlinks in Yahoo helps and effects rankings in Yahoo, so do not neglect them

Ok, thanks. I have seen sites with very few Google backlinks, but thousands of Yahoo ones that have had a PR 5? Surely they must be taken into consideration?

I'd still like to know what the difference is between the Yahoo Links and Yahoo SiteExplorer LinkDomain?

Hi,

Google does not show all the number of backlinks when using the Link and Linkdomain: command, that is why you see a large difference.

Yahoo Site explorer also has 3 main flaws:

1. It includes no-follow links (so you can't gauge link value)
2. No order (they may show the more important ones first, but not in order of link value)

Jeff

What is the difference between the backlink numbers given by Yahoo and Yahoo SiteExplorer using the Link and Linkdomain: command?

Which of the two is the most significant when it comes to Page Rank?

:oops:

i think in the site explorer those are the number of your backlinks from yahoo.. and in the link command those are the indexed page...

banners
Back