The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Would You Pay To Have Your Site Listed On a Web Directory?

Smithee

affiliate
Web Directories from what I've heard can not only be a good source of traffic, the backlinks you get from them could also be good for SEO. Fact though is most of the directories where you can get your site listed free won't be that good a traffic source and the links from those directories . . . some of them will be low quality links which would negatively impact your rankings.

Most of the best Web directories charge a fee to have your site listed but since there is no guarantee that you'll reap the benefits of having your site listed on those directories is it advisable to pay in order to have your site listed on these directories? Would your money have been well-spent?

I don't know that they are any value today. There was a time when they were great link juice, but today there is the risk of Google penalties with them.

Well, actually, from my experience, I do find web directories helpful, as a reader. I didn't know that Google can give penalties for blogs that are actually listed in it. But without that downside, why not? As I've said, I've used web directories and found them helpful as well. I actually learned a lot of blogs from such directories which up to now I'm still following.

banners
Back