The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Would you like own a CPA network?

Dario

Would you like to own a CPA network?

OK...for example you are an affiliate marketer and you are earning a lot but...

You want to make much more and run your own affiliate/cpa network!
You have money to invest in and people whose will help you!

Is that in your plans for the future?

Personally I want to get much more experience in the next period and maybe try with affiliate manager job
which one seems interesting.
And who knows for few years...

What is your opinion about it?

Is it stressful being owner of an affiliate network?
How much is a min. $$$ for starting with...?
I want to hear opinions from network owners whose are members here too!:)

I opened this thread because I am interested what do you think about it.

:ninja::ninja::ninja:

Last edited:
Yeah it is in my future Plans . I would try to accomplish this goal in next 3 years.
And I am also interested in know answer to the questions you asked.

I have been asked this question many times and my answer is always no , I could have already create affiliate network myself but it is too much of a hassle .. even a few people asked me to partner up with them and asked me just to manage their network on 50/50 profits however i am more interested in and do deal on back end network to network relations :)

There have been many new networks over the past couple of years since platforms have opened up making it easier. However, you really need an investment to cover the initial cost because the cash flow won't be tenable until the end of the first year and maybe not until the second year.

I truly like the independence of working entirely on my own. Being "one" is many times easier than being responsible for many employees, staff, etc. That said, I am getting to the point where I have to sometimes use the services of others (freelancers, etc,) to get the job done. I like outsourcing some stuff these days.

Having one alone would be incredible hard.

I believe you need a real team for this, there should be people for affiliate managing purposes, webmasters, technicans, someone advertising it, someone bringing new and hot offers.
There's so much to do. Just look at all those 'kids' owning PPD networks and don't bring much success with them (except a few), and these platforms are easier to create than CPA, because they don't have to look out for offers much.

Then it also takes a huge budget to get started into this.

I guess that it can be a nice experience, IF and only IF you are not alone on it. Some are really completly trying to manage the whole CPA Platform alone, I know John Wilson does it pretty well, but it's quite difficult and maybe you'll have to dedicate your life to it. just using a cpa platform is so much easier and gives you more free time :)

Having one alone would be incredible hard.

I believe you need a real team for this, there should be people for affiliate managing purposes, webmasters, technicans, someone advertising it, someone bringing new and hot offers.
There's so much to do. Just look at all those 'kids' owning PPD networks and don't bring much success with them (except a few), and these platforms are easier to create than CPA, because they don't have to look out for offers much.

Then it also takes a huge budget to get started into this.

I guess that it can be a nice experience, IF and only IF you are not alone on it. Some are really completly trying to manage the whole CPA Platform alone, I know John Wilson does it pretty well, but it's quite difficult and maybe you'll have to dedicate your life to it. just using a cpa platform is so much easier and gives you more free time :)

When I said I like working as "one". I meant to say that is the reason I like CPA. You can run most of your business in CPA as "one". However, a network, properly structured, requires staff. I have been a business owner most all of my life. I have owned and operated restaurants, nightclubs, car dealerships, a computer supply company, a software company, and I have been in and out of real estate a couple of times. I have been managing staff and employees since I was in my early 20's. I was trying to relate that it's nice for a change to have a business, like my CPA business, because it doesn't require staff and employees at this point for me. A network, however, would require staff, employees, etc. If I did a network, I would only do it to service the early adopters of the newest and brightest ideas and people in the ad business.

Early Adopters:

[video=youtube_share;u4ZoJKF_VuA]http://youtu.be/u4ZoJKF_VuA[/video]

A question i'm always asked and a question I always think about - simple answer = not right now!

The state AM is in now I remember reading someone saying they'd advise at least 500k in your bank before you start a network because the money you need to float is stupid.

I'd be interested in a small, invite only type thing with my own offers one day - but not something i'm planning on too soon!

A question i'm always asked and a question I always think about - simple answer = not right now!

The state AM is in now I remember reading someone saying they'd advise at least 500k in your bank before you start a network because the money you need to float is stupid.

I'd be interested in a small, invite only type thing with my own offers one day - but not something i'm planning on too soon!

Absolutely K,

Invite only, only Affs with proven track record, and cutting edge business model & platform. Funding is not what it used to be and would be a very delicate balance in this biz!

It was once on my mind back when I was a publisher, but after deciding a different route I am glad I did not proceed with owning my own network. I couldn't imagine running my own network, the headaches that these networks go through are ridiculous. I will just resume as an Account Executive and help publishers out!

MI
Back