The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Would you like a reward system in place?

K

Administrator
Administrator
Internet Marketing Deals
High Converting Landing Pages | ConversionWise
So just quirky little rewards I and other mods hand out, would you like one in place?

Usually not my thing as I see us towards the serious side of marketing but if it would help activity and engagement.

For example a loyalty award - a 100+ posts award etc?

Yes, please.

No, they are not serious but they are a lot of fun and are badges of honour, nevertheless.

It's a gamification technique for engagement, some forums use them successfully like stackexchange network forums (64 million views/month) An example Badges - Stack Overflow

This will work especially for the users with medium and high activity.

I think a badge system would be grand. But I would hate to have my badge list take up the whole screen. :D

I kinda misread the post the first time...... But it's still a good example to keep in mind when you want to pump up forum activity. Me and My oversharing.

Cash rewards! never, I've been a Mod on that train before. The influx of non marketing people was intense. I'll give you a brief (i know me brief) overview of what they did. First the did a cpa offer for $1.25 for new members sign up and post, then they had payment at certain post levels.
100 posts equaled prize pack of gear i.e. coffee cup shirt mousepad.
200 posts was a 50 dollar payout.
500 posts was 100 dollar payout
1000 posts was a 200 dollar payout. Then it was like 200 posts was 50 dollars after that.
The good news was the forum exploded with users and activity. The bad news is most was worthless chatter.
It lasted about a year as it was not sustainable most of the real IM people left because the forum had dumbed down so much, then the money seekers left as the money had dried up. The site was abandon years ago and got hack about 3 months ago or I'm give you an example.

I'm not trying to be harsh just sharing my experience.

I think a badge system would be grand. But I would hate to have my badge list take up the whole screen. :D

I kinda misread the post the first time...... But it's still a good example to keep in mind when you want to pump up forum activity. Me and My oversharing.

Cash rewards! never, I've been a Mod on that train before. The influx of non marketing people was intense. I'll give you a brief (i know me brief) overview of what they did. First the did a cpa offer for $1.25 for new members sign up and post, then they had payment at certain post levels.
100 posts equaled prize pack of gear i.e. coffee cup shirt mousepad.
200 posts was a 50 dollar payout.
500 posts was 100 dollar payout
1000 posts was a 200 dollar payout. Then it was like 200 posts was 50 dollars after that.
The good news was the forum exploded with users and activity. The bad news is most was worthless chatter.
It lasted about a year as it was not sustainable most of the real IM people left because the forum had dumbed down so much, then the money seekers left as the money had dried up. The site was abandon years ago and got hack about 3 months ago or I'm give you an example.

I'm not trying to be harsh just sharing my experience.

I agree with this, no cash incentive. The incentive should be something like Dojo membership...

I agree with this, no cash incentive. The incentive should be something like Dojo membership...

Ohhhhhhhhh, Dojo membership would be AWESOME!

I thought you meant like visual badges, didn't realize you meant real prizes. I'd be okay with just the visual rewards but elated at the chance to get a Dojo membership.

Badges could be a cool idea. A member can reach certain achievement that you can get rewarded for with cool little icons that could go next to your name.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if The Dojo would be included - more just like small icons beside your usernames for achievements etc.

I personally would stay away from it as this would take away from the professional aspect of this website, which i believe you are going for. Most people come here to engage in meaningful discussion and learning. I would stick to what your strengths are and not try to please everyone. Just my two bits.

I personally would stay away from it as this would take away from the professional aspect of this website, which i believe you are going for. Most people come here to engage in meaningful discussion and learning. I would stick to what your strengths are and not try to please everyone. Just my two bits.

I still think you can keep a professional feel on the site and give the members some extra interaction as well. I think completing certain achievements and receiving some "forum/street cred" in the form of a badge or an icon for your account gives it more worth in a way. It also encourages users to post, especially when you have achievements such as: "300 posts", "Get liked 60 times" or "Create 5 threads with over 20 posts", etc.

Just my opinion though. The forum is awesome how it is but I think it's a good idea to always think of new and interesting ways to make it better.

Last edited by a moderator:
For cryin' out loud - my 2nd accidental double posting today. Is there a way to delete them that I just haven't discovered yet?

Attachments

• hpbadges.JPG
    hpbadges.JPG
    13.8 KB · Views: 95
These are the ones I have on HubPages. These would be too big for the sidebar here but they have a reasonable amount of dignity. I'm not suggesting using these, just illustrating that you can have icons that don't cheapen the professional feel of the site.

View attachment 1869

Actually, they look tiny here but they aren't. :)

How this can affect the professional aspect of the website?

Stackexchange network uses badges(like I said above, 64mil /month). Stackoverflow is the biggest programming community on the internet, the highest level of professionalism I have seen on a discussion board.

Envato network, has 7-8 marketplaces, i'm sure you've heard about themeforest, activeden or codecanyon. The ones who don't know about them, doesn't know enough about web design/development. The bigest marketplaces out there. Badges | ThemeForest

These are example of multi-million $ websites with millions of users, which have badges in place...if they affect them negatively, do you think they wouldn't know?

Of course, giving incentives may break the system, since most of the newbies on aff marketing communities look for quick bucks and earning stuff for free, as quick as they can, so if incentives will be involved, then it will appear some users who fill fake their way up to reward.

K can take a look at these top websites who use badges and do its own spin, if he wants to implement a system like this. The badges are just for fun, for active members to increase the engagement a bit. Active users won't reply with trashy comments just to get a free badge(that's the main reason of not offering incentives), most of the ones who are affected by the free badge thing already care about their reputation, but they may just post a bit more.

My idea:

Offer badges for the users who :
- make follow alongs with a min of 20 posts/thread (so it won't be a question on general forum who can have tons of replies)
- post threads on case studies section
- get a nr of likes(maybe excluding the ones from general forum)
- reviews the most networks (but that's a bit unstable, since may increase fake reviews)
and maybe for the overall forum threads started

I think the badges for number of posts or threads started in general forum, buy sell/trade are irelevant. I the system is thought well, it can be very effective.

Last edited:
If we do it, it will be done with taste!

This new platform is built to last unlike others on the net you'll see!

We're the first fully responsive and validated IM forum online!

The badges would be designed by my AF designer and wouldn't look out of place.

I'd keep it to 10 at the most for real contributions to the community.

My idea:

Offer badges for the users who :
- make follow alongs with a min of 20 posts/thread (so it won't be a question on general forum who can have tons of replies)
- post threads on case studies section
- get a nr of likes(maybe excluding the ones from general forum)
- reviews the most networks (but that's a bit unstable, since may increase fake reviews)
and maybe for the overall forum threads started

I like these ideas. I think it'd be great to find ways to reward people for posting great content. In an industry where people can be a bit tight lipped if they are "on to something" giving people an incentive to share their secrets a little more might work really well.

Personally I like the idea of rewarding people for things like 'x amounts of likes' or case studies etc more than 'x amount of posts' as it gives people an incentive to make great posts rather than just lots of posts.

banners
Back