The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Would You Ask Site Visitors To Disable Ad Blocker?

Smithee

affiliate
People hate ads and many of them to avoid seeing any use browser extensions such as ad blocker and noscript to block ads. Many of the sites which generated most of their revenues solely from ads nowadays request anyone who visits the site to disable adblocker. Some even demand that you disable adblocker if you want to view content on the site.

Does asking site visitors to disable adblocker make you sound desperate or can it in the long run be good for you since more people will be seeing ads displayed on your site once again?

Yes of course. I like to encourage them to disable adblcoker or place my site in white list. I do also asked them to donate if possible.

People hate ads and many of them to avoid seeing any use browser extensions such as ad blocker and noscript to block ads. Many of the sites which generated most of their revenues solely from ads nowadays request anyone who visits the site to disable adblocker. Some even demand that you disable adblocker if you want to view content on the site.

Does asking site visitors to disable adblocker make you sound desperate or can it in the long run be good for you since more people will be seeing ads displayed on your site once again?

I don't ask them, I block the content from them when they block ads on my sites. I have a polite message that says I will not allow the content to be viewed when an ad blocker is blocking ads on my sites. I lose about 3% of visitors. If they want an ad free experience at my sites, they need only subscribe to my sites premium features for a small fee.

I think the whole thing is going to be predicated by the phrasing that your use for your message, if you explain your case without being preachy people will understand specially if you are creating content that people really need and enjoy.

Some people will never do it no matter how polite you are, you'll have to live with that.

MI
Back