The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

wordpress question

outside33

Hi cpafix members! my question is about category and page on wordpress.I have theme when i can create custom page so is really cool.But i just whant to known if is possible to change the catogory and each page i create? example i create page name home and i put normal sidebar category but on the order page i put another category sidebar?

I teach WordPress and that question didn't make a lot of sense to me. Page, post, category and sidebar are all terms that mean something very specific in WordPress. If I try to figure out what I think you mean, I think you might be saying:

Can I have different things in the sidebar depending on the page?

If that is the question then the answer is yes with the use of one or more plugins.

The following plugins can help. It depends on what you want to do. Here's a tutorial I made that shows you how to make use of WordPress sidebar plugins.

The ones I suggest you look at are :
JetPack - there is a widget selection module in this that allows you to easily identify pages and posts and therefore switch widgets on and off according to the post, page or category you are on at the moment.
Widget Logic - This does the same thing as the JetPack module but has a more techie interface and is more comprehensive.
Content Aware Sidebars - This goes much further and allows you to create new sidebars. Once these are created you can merge them to into the default sidebar, or replace the default sidebar altogether depending on the page, post, category etc.

Last edited:
MI
Back