propellerads adcombo
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

windows 8 experiences?

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Lounge' started by Marc, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Marc

Marc 武士- Spamurai moderator affiliate

Is there anyone here who already has some experience with windows 8?
    Is it worth an upgrade?

2. Andy Haskins

Andy Haskins Affiliate affiliate

I might head down to a local store tomorrow to see what it's like, I haven't heard anything yet but would be intrigued to hear about others experiences.

3. Samrath Gupta

Samrath Gupta Service Manager Affiliate Manager Service Manager affiliate

I've tried the Developer version of Windows 8 and It worked very well but I see that It'll suit touch devices like Tabs,etc..

It is really not too good for laptops and PC's because all of its tiles,looks,etc suits Tablets more...

4. K

K Administrator Administrator affiliate

Macs on Macs on Macs on Macs!

5. Samrath Gupta

Samrath Gupta Service Manager Affiliate Manager Service Manager affiliate

Looks like K is a big fan of "MACS" :D :D

6. Richard

Richard Affiliate affiliate

I have use Nokia lumia which have window 8 as a operating system. it's not too good. But soon i 'll install into pc. I think look wise it have good feature.

7. Marc

The OS for mobiles is different to the OS for PCs and therefore has a different numbering. So w8 for mobiles isn´t w8 for PCs.
    But nethertheless, thx for your answer, and please post your experience with the PC-w8-version again here :)

8. Jesse

Jesse Get your fix Ninja! affiliate

I heard a lot of people didn't like it. I'm just gonna stick to windows 7. :)

9. Angelman

Angelman Affiliate affiliate

I've had a good play with it and I like it. I like how they are aiming to have a similar experience between desktop and laptop OS'es. I like the idea of an 'app store' with apps built specifically to take advantage of the 'tile' or Metro user interface. It's a refreshing experience I have to say. To be fair, its probably better suited to a machine that you use to consume content rather than one you use to create content, but I can see a place for it. I'm a Mac user at heart and would probably stick to using the Mac for productive work and tools, but Windows 8 is a nice (and cheap) upgrade for those curious to try something new.

10. Andy Haskins

Andy Haskins Affiliate affiliate

Sounds quite good to be honest but I think I'll be moving to Mac in the new year after using one a few times here and there, incredible machines to work on.

11. Marc

Oh guys, I see, it makes me hard to decide ... :eek:
    (But I still can work my w7 which is very good.)
    Thx :) for all your experiences that you have communicated so far.

12. Haseeb Ur Rahman

Haseeb Ur Rahman Affiliate affiliate

I've been using windows 8 since it was released as developer preview beta.I loved it.
    Upgraded to Windows 8 Pro last night. :)

13. ReRo

ReRo Affiliate affiliate

Win8 will be good on tablet coz of its start menu.

14. T.S.

T.S. Affiliate affiliate

I have been very happy with Windows 8.

The tile interface that you see in many pictures and hear people complain about is just a full screen start menu. I prefer it to the old one now.

The desktop, task bar, and system tray are all still there and work the same as they did in Windows 7.

This is Windows 8 on my main desktop computer...

[​IMG]

15. CPrizes

CPrizes Affiliate affiliate

Don't really like the layout of windows 8. It seems too mobile

16. T.S.

T.S. Affiliate affiliate

Have you tried Windows 8? Does it look "too mobile" in my screen shot posted above?

17. Marc

My first contact with w8 was in May this year with the beta-v, and I must admit I havn´t liked it. Therefore I started this thread here and wanted to hear other experiences to w8.
    You guys here have convinced me to try it sometime in the new year. Then I will post my experiences here again.

Especially Angelman, you made me eager. Although Curiosity has landed on planet Mars in August, a little curiosity remained here with me. :)

That made me keen to try out sometine the Max machines (also as hommage to the brilliant Steve Jobs). But for that I still have to work very, very hard :eek:

18. bellabelle

bellabelle Get your fix Ninja! affiliate

I purchased Windows 8 Pro for $69 when it came out and honestly I just don't get it. Sign on, get the apps screen and then I proceed to the regular old screen like windows 7 and all before it. Can not find some of my stuff, signing off is an extra two steps, some of my stuff had to be updated and I get a pop up that says run the program without updating, etc.....

Maybe for those of you that like to play with the newest stuff it will be ok but for me wish I would have saved my $69 especially when I could have purchased it for $29 on black friday.

19. Matt

Matt Affiliate Manager Affiliate Manager affiliate

I like it, but I feel like the App Store is currently very limited, I guess that just needs time.

Macs are great, but sometimes you really need a Windows computer as well, for things like testing etc and occasionally to use certain software. I think it is best to have both.

You can always install Windows on your mac and use both.

20. Marc

thx for this helpful and insightful info :)

But why is it the other way around almost impossible? : One year ago I installed the Max OS on my HP,
    and the machine turned into a "bitchy bitch". Is it due to the BIOS ?
    Shortly afterwards I had to delete it again :(

Featured Resources (View All)

adsxposed