The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Will you go with a Medical Niche using SEO?

I found some medical niches having low competition.
You know those niches are really really really hungry.

If you're given a chance? Will you not do it?

Medical niches are hard as it has a stigma attached to it. But there is a lot of money to be made if you go that route. Just make sure to put a disclaimer on everything. lol

I'm not sure if I would go after a medical niche with SEO because the competition is spreading quickly. HON Code verified sites (like WebMD or eMedicineNet) are taking over the search results for almost every medical topic, and it is difficult to compete with them.

So maybe I would go after a medical niche only if I could accept that success may be short-term or if I'm confident that larger sites will not cover the topic any time soon.

Many medical niches are really competitive but if you've found some really nice low competition medical niches then there's no reason why you couldn't pull it off. Usually medical traffic is quite profitable too.

The reason I probably wouldn't do a medical site though is simply because they are usually quite complicated subjects and it would be obvious I would have absolutely no idea what I was talking about in my content and furthermore I'd have a really really hard time staying passionate about a topic like that.

I usually prefer to pick topics that I'm interested in or know something about... or at the very least something that's easy to research and write about.

I've recently built a website in a health niche, still has a load of work to be done on it though, it's got 10 or so indexed pages of content which needs to be optimized and proofread, hoping to see some rankings once the pages have been optimized, just finishing up the keyword research file for the project. :)

Many medical niches are really competitive but if you've found some really nice low competition medical niches then there's no reason why you couldn't pull it off. Usually medical traffic is quite profitable too.

The reason I probably wouldn't do a medical site though is simply because they are usually quite complicated subjects and it would be obvious I would have absolutely no idea what I was talking about in my content and furthermore I'd have a really really hard time staying passionate about a topic like that.

I usually prefer to pick topics that I'm interested in or know something about... or at the very least something that's easy to research and write about.

My 2 cents as someone who started one of his first affiliate sites a few months ago using the Screw95 program and picked a medical niche. I basically put affiliate ads for a type of over the counter medication that I personally use for a health condition. I made it clear that I'm not a medical professional in the disclaimer.

Of the 7 affiliate sites I have so far, this one, by far, has the most conversions (which still isn't a lot at this point yet.) It's a bit surprising since the only places I've promoted it was on social media and even there, it wasn't getting much reshares. I barely have any backlinks for this site and yet, it's my 2nd most popular one by traffic and has earned the most revenue to date.

I guess you might have a fighting chance if the medical niche you pick is one related to a medical condition you've suffer from and can speak to your visitors' sufferings and also point them to products that'll make them feel better.

banners
Back