The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Why Your Landers Are Failing *What newbies overlook*

yyoulives

affiliate
Alright guys,

It's been a while but I'm back!

I recently launched a campaign on Zeropark for a Gift Card offer. I set my budget anywhere from $25-$40 a day. The payout was $2.30; after 3 days of data gathered and spending $80 I saw my ROI was -94% (YIKES) :oops:. I managed to block out one target that spent over $8 with 0 conversion and other than that I was unable to really see any significant data that showed patterns of +roi. All three of my landers did crap with only 1 conversion on each lander.

I thought to myself, maybe the offer was shit. But this particular offer was proven and many affiliates were and are still having success with it. What could it be I thought?

I had to dig deeper, so I reached out to an affiliate friend of mine and had him look over my camp. Low and behold my landers were shit. The "shit" part of landers was not the imagery, layout, count down timer or color schemes... but simply the language I used. I failed to understand the psychology of my end users. I failed to make them feel like they "WON" something. So if you have a camp that is doing bad... don't just assume it's a bad offer, have a proven affiliate look over your ad copy and learn to understand the mental state of the potential consumer.

I would love to here some basic Ad Copy techniques or book recommendations anyone would have on creating strong mobile landers for pop sources.

Regards,

#100FTF

Yup, Cashvertising is a good book to read. Also check out a page that @Ben@Advidi shared in another thread: The Gary Halbert Letter

If you want something without reading, put yourself in your viewer's shoes. What would convince you to click? What problem would you want solved? Which emotion would trigger you to follow through on a call-to-action?

Something here may be helpful to you, as well:

Ideas for Ad Copy from Offer Landers

Yup, Cashvertising is a good book to read. Also check out a page that @Ben@Advidi shared in another thread:

If you want something without reading, put yourself in your viewer's shoes. What would convince you to click? What problem would you want solved? Which emotion would trigger you to follow through on a call-to-action?

Something here may be helpful to you, as well:

Yes I really liked that letter as well. I need to keep practicing and studying because I see the benefit in learning copy.

MI
Back