The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Why I Like Free Hosts

extomas

affiliate
As a webmaster, I like to use free web hosting to host my non-profit sites, or web sites that are in their beginning stages. It is easy to sign-up for a free web site to try out new site ideas, or just to store files for a while.

I think you have to be careful with free web hosting sometimes these guys over subscribe themselves and if they go bust you could just loose all your valuable information.

Support is a big issue too, I host with host gator and get access to over 2500 templates.

Why don't you just spend 9$ per month on a HostGator package with unlimited features? Start new sites on subdomains (like with free hosts) and host everything yourself. Starting on a free host is like failing from the start IMO..

- Aquarezz

And what about justhost (dot) com and blackwirehosting (dot) com. They provide unlimited domains for small amount (max. 8 dollar per month).
Only you should have done your domain registration somewhere else. I do that with GoDaddy. Any suggestions where you can do that for less?

And yes I use subdomains: good alt. if subject suits

I had tried free hosts when I was a newbie. It helped me to master how to use cpanel or other hosting related knowledge.
But right now, I switched to paid hosting mainly because of good support.

I would not recommend to go with free hosting service. Hostgator, GoDaddy and other are so cheap now. And their services are way above any free (even reliable ones) platforms.

I would be reluctant to use free web hosting. I am guessing there would be a downside which would involve limited performance/bandwidth or even advertising. As has already been mentioned, if you shop around, the monthly/annual cost for a paid hosting solution should not be beyond reach. There is plenty of hosting companies competing for new customers so prices should remain competitive.

banners
Back