The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Who here on CPAFix programs?

^Yup I can see you know your stuff....what tools do you use for site analysis?

Hey K.

Different... online and offline tools to be honest.

Webpagetest.org, Pingdom.com, Google Page Speed Addon, W3C Validator, ... and ofcourse my knowledge about http headers, requests, ...

It takes some time to do a good analysis but it's worth it. I have several case studies about loading times for websites and stuff.

For coding I only use Notepad++ and the Zen Coding plugin.

I have just done a 3 month course on Java and will be learning .net and sharepoint development in my new role at work.

Also can do HTML/CSS like most

I have my bachelor's degree in web development, but most of what I know is self taught. PHP and MySQL are two of my favorite things on earth :)

Hey Luke,

that's cool... when I began with computers (1982, I was 11) there was no bachelor for web dev :D

However, the first big project I did in HTML was 1998 for one of europes biggest bread manufacturer... kinda Intranet application.

Self taught... yeah, everything I do is self taught... I work as System Engineer and Frontend Developer.

I can't post URL's yet... too bad :(

Could show some sites I did.

^1 more post lol - would be great if you started some interesting discussions in this forum.

that's cool... when I began with computers (1982, I was 11) there was no bachelor for web dev :D

That's because the web didn't even exist yet back then ;)

I had to learn Pascal and C/C++ in uni for projects, then thanks to my dad who bought 'HTML Made Simple' I self-taught HTML, Perl, PHP, MySQL, JavaScript, CSS. Then I used Delphi and VB for work. Sad to say that my programming skills are extremely rusty now although I can still do some HTML/CSS/PHP/MySQL 'hack & slash' :D

Boy, I felt like a genius back then when I managed to write HTML form processor in Perl!!

I remember a time when a guy I knew went to learn and start coding. Talking back in like '97-'98. I was like, you fuckin' nerd, I'm going to bang chicks and have fun, I don't need to know how to code............ Yup now, I would give my pinky toe to know how to code! Luckily he's still around and a great friend so I'm able to get some serious coding done when he's available!

All that to say, I admire you techy mofo's! Even if you consider you only know a little bit, or "hack & slash" as Jay says, it's a hell of alot more than I or alot of other people know! Hats off to ya :)

I seriously wish I was fluent in programming but hey! I'm a strong believer in outsourcing stuff that your not good at to focus on the stuff you are!

I consider myself to be a fairly experienced programmer, and I know C#, C++, Delphi, PHP, ASP.Net, and JavaScript.

Before starting my IM journey I did lots of coding. I have varied experiences in c/c++/c#, java, shell scripting, ruby (on rails), vb, .net, objective c, javascript, php, asp, sql, html/css and basic. Did I forget any? :)

Programming is something I very much enjoy and c++ is a language I love to build my projects in.

However, as I've been developing quite a lot for the Android OS lately I've grown quite a passion for Java as well.

Currently building my personal custom web automation tools in Java + selenium.

All I can say is that there are so many resources online to learn from. All it takes is practice and, like in IM, action.

If you run into problems just send me a PM or start a thread and I'd be happy to take a look!

Regards,
Michael

banners
Back