propellerads adcombo
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Which Is The Best CMS For eCommerce?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Happy Marketer, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Happy Marketer

Happy Marketer Affiliate affiliate

I was thinking about launching a new eCommerce shop based on Glossary items. CMS would be good as you know I have to update the products time to time. But I am confused about which platform would be suitable for me. Someone said WordPress and some are said Magento.

Freshlydeals likes this.
  2. SEO Guru

SEO Guru Affiliate affiliate

I am using WordPress with Woocommerce for a long time. I recommend WordPress as they have plenty of plugins and theme which help you to product listing and customer attraction.

Freshlydeals and GabrielVeedkit like this.
  3. Batman

Batman Affiliate affiliate

The best rating list CMS for ecommerce :

• Magento
    • Prestashop
    • Zencart
    • Oscommerce
    • Wordpress
    • Drupal Commerce

4. imrolling

imrolling Affiliate affiliate

Wordpress with woocommerce is good, I have used it for my 3-4 clients.If you plan to go with it and need some anserwers, shoot me a PM and I will try my best to help you.

5. threenerds2014

threenerds2014 Affiliate affiliate

6. Thanhnguyentrieu

Thanhnguyentrieu Affiliate affiliate

Wordpress and Facebook Fanpage, I think

SEO Guru likes this.
  7. Magento_oCodewire

Magento_oCodewire Affiliate affiliate

The best CMS for e-commerce store are
    -Magento.
    -Prestashop.
    -BigCommerce.
    -Shopify.
    -Volusion.

But mostly, I prefer to choose MAGENTO for best e-commerce cms. It provides a huge number of features, extension, and functionality.

8. StefanCP

StefanCP Affiliate affiliate

In terms of eCommerce, Wordpress can't compete with specialized platforms like Magento or Prestashop. It's like needing for example to transport oil, and instead of getting a specialized truck for oil transport you buy a regular van and add an oil tank over it. If you are code savy, go for Magento, else pick Prestashop.

9. MrPRinson

MrPRinson Affiliate affiliate

When it comes the which CMS is better I always recommand WordPress. but I think it depend on your knowledge in coding.
    (corrent me if im wrong)

10. StefanCP

Let me please ask you guys what does Wordpress offer in terms of default/predefined shop features. CMS is one thing, an eCommerce CMS is another. I am curious what do you see in Wordpress in terms of features that can compete with a specialized eCommerce CMS.

11. Marc

Marc 武士- Spamurai moderator affiliate

This one for example Kalium | Laborator.co (the Store demo, of course) [no aff link]
    And that's just one of many others... ;)

12. StefanCP

That's not an answer to my question :) I asked what features does Wordpress has as an eCommerce. In terms of Content Management System, not eCommerce, Wordpress is way better than Magento, Prestashop, etc. I don't doubt that. But the guy wants to build an eCommerce website, a shop.

Wordpress has no default eCommerce features, you can't add in a default Wordpress installation products, prices, product attributes, product images, dimensions, custom product fields, shipping carriers, inventory fields, restocking features, payment options, payment provider integration, different countries payment setup, tax rules, etc, etc, don't make me list all the countless features an eCommerce website has while Wordpress does not. On Wordpress you have to install plugins to attain at most a part of the functionality of a Magento or Prestashop eCommerce website.

I work with Wordpress since 2005, used to use Prestashop and Magento too lots of years ago when I was a freelancer making websites for clients, I know Joomla too by the book, there is absolutely no way Wordpress can compete in terms of features with dedicated eCommerce CMSs like Presta and Magento. I can fill pages with all the features Magento or Prestashop have, and Wordpress does not have.

I underline the fact that I am speaking about eCommerce CMS. Because in terms of the standard CMS, Wordpress is better thatn Magento and Prestashop.

13. Marc

Why should wp have all this stuff in their default templates, if they are in the chosen and installed theme?

14. StefanCP

Good question. What's best for Formula 1? A car built specially for F1, or a modified road car?

And technically speaking.
    1. A theme that ads eCommerce functionality for Wordpress ads more plugins and functionalities that are not native to Wordpress.
    2. Moreover, updating your Wordpress ( you have to do that if you want to avoid problems ), there is a point where the functionality of the theme plugins is not compatible with a new update of Wordpress. Meaning that suddenly parts of your website will stop working.
    3. An eCommerce theme for Wordpress will never offer even half of the eCommerce features a dedicated eCommerce CMS offers. The developers of an eCommerce CMS focus on building, improving and adding new eCom features years, you can't compare the work of hundreds of developers with the work of a couple of people at most that developed a theme and added a few plugins to it.

15. GabrielVeedkit

GabrielVeedkit Service Manager Service Manager affiliate

Hands down - WooCommerce would be the best solution, just be sure to purchase the SEO for WooCommerce plugin :)

16. StefanCP

Marc, let me put it this way. I don't have anything against Wordpress. Most of my affiliate websites that I had or I still have are based on Wordpress. If not all. I am not a fanatic hater of Wordpress. I like it, it's the best. But Wordpress is not for eCommerce. That's my point. There are a several good eCommerce CMS, including WooCommerce, that beat the hell out of WP in an eCom competition.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  17. Marc

To close the circle, @StefanCP, of course WP is not the best and there are better and amazingly professional looking platforms and portals available out there, but what always will be a plus for WP, is that beginner can launch a wp site with only a low or even a zero budget. A later upgrading is of course always recommendable, but IMO for the beginning wp is always good enough. Hope that clarifies my point of view :)

18. StefanCP

Cheers mate, I understand! :) And as a little side not, Prestashop does not require programming skills. Magento on the other hand it's more complicated.

Marc likes this.
  19. Dead Pool

Dead Pool Affiliate affiliate

20. StefanCP

Ok, here is my last argument. Here is what most of the top 100000 (100k) top ecommerce websites use. Please tell me if you can see Wordpress somewhere. The source is BuiltWith Technology Lookup
    [​IMG]

Featured Resources (View All)

adsxposed