The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Where is my clicks - PopAds ???

vaRos

affiliate
Hi everyone!

I'm currently working with Popads and today was an odd situation. My tracker showing that I got 10,000 clicks, but Popads saying 16,000.

Geo: Turkey

Is that Geo problem or I took a landing page with a script stealing part of my traffic? I'm not a pro in LP scanning yet, but as I can see there is no malicious scripts.

Hello @vaRos
that's what they call click loss ,
any ways always you are going to loose a percentage of the traffic , because Some visitors they close the window before it redirects to the tracking url , that means the click not captured at all .
but always check your landing page and make sure it is clean , if you promoting mobile offers i recommend purelander that will do the Job For you.

Hello @vaRos
that's what they call click loss ,
any ways always you are going to loose a percentage of the traffic , because Some visitors they close the window before it redirects to the tracking url , that means the click not captured at all .
but always check your landing page and make sure it is clean , if you promoting mobile offers i recommend purelander that will do the Job For you.

So, you think 40% of traffic loss, considering my landers don't have a stealing script, is nothing to be worry about?

40% is a lot , make sure your landing page is clean.

I will, thank you. Another question just popped up :)
If you see that campaign perform well throughout the first day of testing, but slows down in evening by conversions, would you stop it at night and start again in the morning or will continue throughout the night even if there is no conversions?

My tracker showing that I got 10,000 clicks, but Popads saying 16,000.

As @tyoussef said, make sure your lander code is clean and it could be users not clicking all the way through.

What does your tracker tell you as far as where the links are coming from? Any clues there, such as bots, too many geos you didn't target, repeating IPs in quick succession, etc.?

It's perfectly fine to contact the ad network and ask (nicely) if they can shed some light on it for you.

If you see that campaign perform well throughout the first day of testing, but slows down in evening by conversions, would you stop it at night and start again in the morning or will continue throughout the night even if there is no conversions?

Is it the first 24 hours of your campaign? If so, it's better to test longer (say, a week) to see if that's a pattern.

I will, thank you. Another question just popped up :)
exactly that's what you have to do,
but don't take this Decision based on one day stats , leave it 3 days or so .

Most likely traffic you loss is not real or has some other issue, that is why its suggested to track traffic for each website id, so you can figure out which website traffic did not count for you.

MI
Back