The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Where do you register your domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhscott

affiliate
Just a quick thread to see where everyone registers their domains.

Currently, I register my .com & .org with NameCheap, .net with Moniker, .info with Domainsite, .co.uk with 1and1 (Unfortunately) and .in with Domainsite.

Moniker are doing specials on .net right now for $5.49, Domainsite are doing specials on .info for $1.99 and you can get discount codes for NameCheap to get the price to under $8.

I know you can get cheaper prices at GoDaddy, but I really don't like them!

I am also thinking of registering my .uk domains at Weycrest from now on. The price is higher but they make a profit from you registering your domains with them whereas most other UK registrars don't. 1and1 lose money when you register a domain without purchasing hosting etc., they undersell.

I have about half a dozen accounts as the prices vary so much, and just buy from the cheapest at the time.
Also watch out on Forums as there are often some great bargains.

i used yahoo.you can register the domains $1.95 for first year($9.95 next years) at this link: Yahoo! Domains: Secure Domain Name Registration

i am using godaddy now.

I have always used 123reg, not sure why you say they are bad, I find them superb. do NOT use their hosting though as it stinks ;)

Godaddy sell .info @$0.99 a year

i did not use it but:

.com USD 5.99
.net USD 5.99
.org USD .99 for the 1st yr
.info USD .99 for the 1st yr
.us USD 5.49
.biz USD 5.39

I use 1and1 and godaddy ...

Anyone know of a large-ish registrar and host with servers in the UK (small hosts make me nervous)? My sites are currently all hosted in the US & Germany and I'd like some closer to home.

I use Namecheap. I have several domains in Domainsite but I am going to transfer them to my Namecheap account soon.

I do my domain registration with godaddy but never tested their hosting service. I have read lots of good reviews about godaddy for domain registrations.

We have some of our names registered with 1stDomains.co.uk (used to be called Micronicos when we first started using them) and have been using them to host both crosslight and bizface. Seem to be good, support is helpful, and is UK based.

I am not sure how 'large' they are but they have some pretty powerful servers as far as I can tell.

I use lycos for domain names.

It is £1.99 per year for a .co.uk domain name. A .com is about £6.99 per year.

I only ever buy domain names through them and will never host with them as I used them in the past and my site used to crash all the time and it is impossible to contact their support team!

Status
Not open for further replies.
MI
Back