The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Where do you host your landing pages/websites?

grabakr

Where do you host them? Do you use Hostgator or similar alternatives? Are VPS similar to Hostgator like installing wordpress to your domains and other plugins? Any recommended VPS, if so what are there advantages and disadvantages compare to others?

I've read the ultimate Voluum guide and it seems that you need a domain for tracking. Is it necessary to host that domain?

You don't need to host the domain for the tracker. You need it for a redirect, but you do need a host for your landing pages.
For mobile a VPS is very important because load times are really slow with a shared hosting. And yes, if you use cPanel and WHM, it should be very similar.

You can also host your landers/images and other files on Amazon's S3 which is dirt cheap :) Get a domain, add an CNAME and you're ready to rock n' roll :) Only downside, no actual serverside scripting possible as far as I know.

I used to hava a CDN at beyondhosting, when I started out first. Loadingspeed was good, but it was really annoying to upload files, since I couldnt make it work to connect with an ftp programm. Dont know if it was my fault or theirs, but I moved on to a amazon VPS after that and am really happy with it now.

stupid question here .

do you guys host both the landing pages and the tracker on the same server ? i am trying to understand how trackers work

I use Bluehost and they've been great so far.

@khaled909 it's best to use a self-hosted tracker on a seperate VPS from the one your landers are on, depending on how much traffic you send to your landers. You want your landers to load as fast as possible for visitors.

+1 for BlueHost. I have 5 servers of my own there and most all of my real estate clients with them.

Keep you tracker on a separate server!

Where do you host them? Do you use Hostgator or similar alternatives? Are VPS similar to Hostgator like installing wordpress to your domains and other plugins? Any recommended VPS, if so what are there advantages and disadvantages compare to others?

I've read the ultimate Voluum guide and it seems that you need a domain for tracking. Is it necessary to host that domain?
This is awesome...

Hi. I have never used Hostgator, I have for two years now been using ipage as my hosting company and I do enjoy their services. You need to host your landing page and it is meant to show to the online audience that there is a website under construction. Ipage has the abilities to launch and install WordPress. The other advantage it has is having unlimited space and bandwidth. This are the key parameters used to find the best hosting company. Be sure to host an a place where you will feel it okay to continue hosting your website after development is done.

+1 for BlueHost. I have 5 servers of my own there and most all of my real estate clients with them.

Keep you tracker on a separate server!

@T J Tutor, when you say keep your tracker on a separate server. Do you mean you have to have it on a separate VPS hosting account? Or on different IP's? Could you please elaborate a little more on how you exactly set it up for a tracker and for landers.

@T J Tutor, when you say keep your tracker on a separate server. Do you mean you have to have it on a separate VPS hosting account? Or on different IP's? Could you please elaborate a little more on how you exactly set it up for a tracker and for landers.

If you are using any tracker that is self hosted, it is recommended to keep it on a separate server (VPS) because of the volume of traffic and bandwidth.

Now, that said, if you are not running high volumes of traffic yet, it's probably okay to keep it on the same server as your campaigns are running on, but keep in mind, that when you hit a high volume successful campaign, and you scale it up big time, you may challenge the server to keep up.

If you are using any tracker that is self hosted, it is recommended to keep it on a separate server (VPS) because of the volume of traffic and bandwidth.

Now, that said, if you are not running high volumes of traffic yet, it's probably okay to keep it on the same server as your campaigns are running on, but keep in mind, that when you hit a high volume successful campaign, and you scale it up big time, you may challenge the server to keep up.

Ok, so it's got nothing to do with the both of them having the same IP for someone spying on your campaigns.

I don't recommend using cheap shared hosting.
use VPS, dedicated services.
if you're willing to use shared hosting, go with Bluehost.

banners
Back