monetizer expertmobi
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

When is it time to give up on a campaign?

Discussion in 'General Affiliate Marketing Forum' started by shrah, Jul 11, 2016.

1. shrah

shrah Affiliate affiliate

Hi Guys - i've been running a gaming campaign and have had very little luck. I've changed angles, ive used numerous landing pages, ive used different ads on FB, split tested etc but i seem to be getting very few clicks on the CPA offer. Lots of clicks and decent stats on FB but the clicks from the lander are very poor. I'm just wondering at what point do you say "ok, this campaign is not good" versus "I'm doing somethign wrong here with my lander".

Thanks guys

2. monetizer
  3. servandosilva

servandosilva Moderator moderator affiliate

It depends on the payout of the offer and the number of factors you're split testing at the same time.
    There's no number of clicks for a general basis.

4. Karmand93

Karmand93 Affiliate affiliate

As far as you know the offer converts...test, test and test more. I will be doing a case sturdy/guide soon about a clickbank product I'm currently promoting. It gave me -50% to -%100 ROI for a whole month, but I did not give up on it, because I knew the offer converts.

With a few changes/tweaks to my landing page, I'm now profiting over %100 ROI daily.

5. shrah

cool thanks guys - this is good stuff to think about. It's always hard to know whether they convert...ive had a few conversions so far on this gaming offer but im not sure if it's just pot luck for those three conversions or whether it was something specific on my lander that lured them in...unfortunately all of the landers have meant pretty poor number of clicks onto the CPA offer so im just wondering whether there are lots of people already playing the game or something like that...gotta keep pushing hard

6. World Leads

World Leads Affiliate Manager Affiliate Manager affiliate

I'd might spend 2-3x of the payout of the offer, just to see if it converts. If an offer converts then you should start making lots of different LPs and banners. If you can't make the campaign profitable after the 4-5th test round I'd might be searching for a new traffic source or ditch the offer and find a new one.

It merely depends on the offer that you're promoting.

7. Ivana Adnium

Ivana Adnium Affiliate Manager Affiliate Manager affiliate

You sure the traffic that's coming in is legit?

8. simonbrep

simonbrep Service Manager Service Manager affiliate

depends on your offer, ad, lp etc, but after 4 or 5 test run then probably quit if it's not working. If you re split testing then you have a good idea what's working and what's not

9. iMonetizeIt

iMonetizeIt Affiliate Manager Affiliate Manager affiliate

it also may be some problem with content on landing pages. Or, as the guys said, poor traffic source. Do you show the pricing on the LP?

10. shrah

nope no pricing on the Landing Page as the offer is a free signup SOI to a game. Ive run about 20 different ads with about 10 different landers and ive had only 3 conversions. Something is definitely odd and its most likely to do with my landers im sure - or the consistent angle that im using from the FB ad to the CPA offer. Either way, im doing somethign wrong - just need to figure out what is :)

11. iMonetizeIt

iMonetizeIt Affiliate Manager Affiliate Manager affiliate

hmm, do you have some specific targeting for traffic? And have you tested the same traffic source on other offers?

12. koviko

koviko Affiliate affiliate

i had the same problem with my campaign , but i was patient and tried different type of cpm and its worked ! I suggest you try other traffic source and start it again. But don' t waste your time for bad adds. If you wish i can check it, and may i help you. ;)

13. ASOtop1

ASOtop1 Affiliate affiliate

Never give up!

To supply you suggestions, I have a few confusions. You tried many CPA ads on Facebook for your app landing page, so whether you mean your app is web game? If yes, CPC/CPA/CPM ad conversion rate is essential factor for your app boost.
    It is not easy to boost an app among millions of apps in Store. You also can try:

Exchange installs & views/Cross promotion

You can market it with cross promotion with other apps by installs and views exchange. It is free while it is still hard to find that publishers like you. You may try some Cross-promotion networks (CPN), Facebook group or exchange forums. And there are many groups on networks where publishers can exchange installs and reviews each other. However, generating installs or reviews from users will take much longer time.

Social media networks

Having a Facebook Page for your app is a must-have where you can ask them how they like your app designs and features and any get feedbacks. Also, you can share any news about your app, etc. However, remember not to make your posts only about your app, though. That is boring. It’s like talking to someone at a party who only talks about themselves.

Make a video

Videos shows great ability even just 30 seconds, it has power to show users why the App is worth a try. Make up a story of your app? Show the real life? Yeah, both OK.

Offline promotion

Make connect with your friends and families. You may ask them to help you spread your app in their relationship circle. Also, participate in meetings or conferences that are relevant to your App, and make full use of it to build partnerships.

While if your app is mobile app, I can help more on app promotion, such as
    Paid ones

Buy app rating & reviews

One app can get reviews, it must get installs firstly. Positive reviews will help a lot on app overall ranking as users have to install, play the app before rating and reviewing. At the same time, the traffic is from real users which is organic. It will Not have bad impact on apps.

Generate installs

Higher ranking is extremely helpful for app visibility. App can get installs from users directly via download link. Or drive install via keyword search. The former method is straight forward install amounts singly. While latter one aims at helping app ranking in App Store search results. Keyword optimization also will guide real users to install the app via targeted keywords relevant to your app.

It is a long and touch journey. Keep fighting~

Featured Resources (View All)

MI