The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

When is it time to give up on a campaign?

shrah

affiliate
Hi Guys - i've been running a gaming campaign and have had very little luck. I've changed angles, ive used numerous landing pages, ive used different ads on FB, split tested etc but i seem to be getting very few clicks on the CPA offer. Lots of clicks and decent stats on FB but the clicks from the lander are very poor. I'm just wondering at what point do you say "ok, this campaign is not good" versus "I'm doing somethign wrong here with my lander".

Thanks guys

It depends on the payout of the offer and the number of factors you're split testing at the same time.
There's no number of clicks for a general basis.

As far as you know the offer converts...test, test and test more. I will be doing a case sturdy/guide soon about a clickbank product I'm currently promoting. It gave me -50% to -%100 ROI for a whole month, but I did not give up on it, because I knew the offer converts.

With a few changes/tweaks to my landing page, I'm now profiting over %100 ROI daily.

cool thanks guys - this is good stuff to think about. It's always hard to know whether they convert...ive had a few conversions so far on this gaming offer but im not sure if it's just pot luck for those three conversions or whether it was something specific on my lander that lured them in...unfortunately all of the landers have meant pretty poor number of clicks onto the CPA offer so im just wondering whether there are lots of people already playing the game or something like that...gotta keep pushing hard

I'd might spend 2-3x of the payout of the offer, just to see if it converts. If an offer converts then you should start making lots of different LPs and banners. If you can't make the campaign profitable after the 4-5th test round I'd might be searching for a new traffic source or ditch the offer and find a new one.

It merely depends on the offer that you're promoting.

Hi Guys - i've been running a gaming campaign and have had very little luck. I've changed angles, ive used numerous landing pages, ive used different ads on FB, split tested etc but i seem to be getting very few clicks on the CPA offer. Lots of clicks and decent stats on FB but the clicks from the lander are very poor. I'm just wondering at what point do you say "ok, this campaign is not good" versus "I'm doing somethign wrong here with my lander".

Thanks guys
You sure the traffic that's coming in is legit?

depends on your offer, ad, lp etc, but after 4 or 5 test run then probably quit if it's not working. If you re split testing then you have a good idea what's working and what's not

it also may be some problem with content on landing pages. Or, as the guys said, poor traffic source. Do you show the pricing on the LP?

nope no pricing on the Landing Page as the offer is a free signup SOI to a game. Ive run about 20 different ads with about 10 different landers and ive had only 3 conversions. Something is definitely odd and its most likely to do with my landers im sure - or the consistent angle that im using from the FB ad to the CPA offer. Either way, im doing somethign wrong - just need to figure out what is :)

hmm, do you have some specific targeting for traffic? And have you tested the same traffic source on other offers?

i had the same problem with my campaign , but i was patient and tried different type of cpm and its worked ! I suggest you try other traffic source and start it again. But don' t waste your time for bad adds. If you wish i can check it, and may i help you. ;)

banners
Back