The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

What's Your Favorite Traffic Source?

Dorian

affiliate
Hey,

Just wanted to start a forum where people could discuss what is their favorite source of traffic generation for whatever product they are marketing.

Mine personally is viral marketing because you are using leverage from other people's lists to get thousands of visitors to your sites without spending a lot of money on advertising like putting ads on search engines.

If anyone is not familiar with viral marketing go to google and type in:

"butterfly marketing"

Is a really cool viral marketing technique developed by Mike Filsaime.

Read his blogs. I highly recommend what he has to say.

Anyways would love to hear from anyone else.

I prefer to submit unique and fresh articles to article directories, then put my site links in these articles. I am also into social networking and blogging to promote whatever I have to promote.:)

I always love to build the opt in list from the free resources. It is the easiest way to build your list. With your own opt in email list you can drive the vistiors again and again.

I like Google best. :p
Free or paid, I don't care. :)

I also get some decent ad buys on AdBrite sometimes.
And for low cost traffic you can buy traffic from Stumbleupon for 5 cents a visitor.
Not sure how well it converts.

Don over at AffiliateWatcher blogged today about:

<a href="http://www.affiliatewatcher.com/yahoo-answers-drive-targeted-traffic-to-your-site/">Yahoo Answers - Drive Targeted Traffic To Your Site</a>

I have heard it can be a good free traffic generator if you have time but not money.
To do it right and REALLY answer relevant questions and not just spam would take
a significant time commitment I think.

Yup! My favorite source of traffic is organic. It's not really "free" because it takes time to develop.

My second favorite thing to do is article and blog type marketing...Both for immediate traffic, and because in the long run it helps my favorite source of traffic.

I am slowly starting to get the hang off PPC. It's tougher for me than developing seo - a different thought process. Sometimes it seems like two steps forward, one step back. I wish I was the Mistress of PPC!

For myfreeforum and anyone else that's PPC challenged this could help.

<a href="http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/google-adwords-adsense-forums/6894-new-free-adwords-optimizer-google.html">New Free Adwords Optimizer from Google</a>

Note: even though it's a new feature included in your Adwords account, you could still take some of the suggestions that make sense and roll them out to your Yahoo, MSN or other PPC campaigns.

Article marketing will bring in some traffic but it seems maybe a few articles make it on the search engines? Any one got any tips for getting articles a lot of views? CPC seems to bring the most but obvisiously you have to pay for it and I don't like do that.. haha

Personally...

Article marketing, Google search, posting on other blogs with valuable information, etc...

All good methods. If you create a blog, and want to drive traffic to it pronto...a little secret is to watch your post titles. :)

Use google trends, find a news topic that is ranked high and related to your blog, and then your post title should contain keywords that are being searched for.

Movie reviews are big here.

It's even better if you have a Wordpress blog. Do a search for "All In One SEO Pack" and put that add on to use. You will be able to add "behind the scenes" keywords to your posts, and perhaps search phrases one might use to find your post.

Enjoy!

Getting targetted traffic is what I like best :)

I get this usually through viral marketing and referrals from our satisfied users.

banners
Back