The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

What's Stopping You From Starting With Mobile Marketing? (FOR REAL)

djcrunk

You know people are making money with mobile marketing (in fact some of them are killing it, making more in a month that others do in a year), you know is the next greatest opportunity to get into affiliate marketing , since is a more level playfield, where even advanced guys are just starting.

A still unsaturated platform that only grows bigger year after year (billions will be spent cause all the advertisers want a piece of this huge market). So your chance for success is way higher, right now. This is it, who knows if there will be another shot like this in the future, and the door may simply slam shut, while you’re still contemplating to get in, and claim your piece of the mobile pie.

So I created this thread for everyone and anyone, that haven’t still started in mobile but been wanting to, or those who gave it a try but then quickly switched to the “next shiny thing”, feeling they didn’t really give their best.

To come clean and express yourself, what is stopping you, from really starting with mobile, and make it big. What fears, shortcomings (technical, monetary or personal), excuses and doubts are keeping you from taking action, when you know that is what really you want.

Let’s address them here, not to judge, but to advice, support and get to know ourselves. And why not, get some “tough love” as well, cause we all need sometimes a proper “noogie” in the head, to point out areas of opportunity and motivate to learn from our mistakes or other’s.

So feel free to share, what’s holding you back from starting right now, to get into the mobile gravy train. And what is stopping you from not even posting about it?! lol.

Peace & profits :ninja:

[video=youtube;TMaLOBxURGk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMaLOBxURGk[/video]

Last edited:
Preview & Track

djcrunk said:
what’s holding you back from starting right now

I just have some problems when comes to check the landing pages from other countries to check the flow of the offer (i have VPN) and testing the postbackurl in Volumm :confused:

You know people are making money with mobile marketing (in fact some of them are killing it, making more in a month that others do in a year), you know is the next greatest opportunity to get into affiliate marketing , since is a more level playfield, where even advanced guys are just starting.

A still unsaturated platform that only grows bigger year after year (billions will be spent cause all the advertisers want a piece of this huge market). So your chance for success is way higher, right now. This is it, who knows if there will be another shot like this in the future, and the door may simply slam shut, while you’re still contemplating to get in, and claim your piece of the mobile pie.

So I created this thread for everyone and anyone, that haven’t still started in mobile but been wanting to, or those who gave it a try but then quickly switched to the “next shiny thing”, feeling they didn’t really give their best.

To come clean and express yourself, what is stopping you, from really starting with mobile, and make it big. What fears, shortcomings (technical, monetary or personal), excuses and doubts are keeping you from taking action, when you know that is what really you want.

Let’s address them here, not to judge, but to advice, support and get to know ourselves. And why not, get some “tough love” as well, cause we all need sometimes a proper “noogie” in the head, to point out areas of opportunity and motivate to learn from our mistakes or other’s.

So feel free to share, what’s holding you back from starting right now, to get into the mobile gravy train. And what is stopping you from not even posting about it?! lol.

Sup DjCrunk ive seen you at few other places and you've been keeping real and seem to have a genuine intention of helping people at so Kudos to You man!!

Back to the topic for me the main thing stopping me is that what im hearing at one place is different to what i here from Joe bloggs ext.. So i have a few questions so i can get started:
[1] Do you need hosting for advertising at all?
[2] can you list all of the things you actually need to get started please?
[2} What advertising platforms do you recommend?

Also on a side note can you add me on Skype, as i need someone to assist me a bit and who knows i can exchange by helping you out with Teespring and Facebook as I'm doing good at it so far?

Appreciate any help man

I just have some problems when comes to check the landing pages from other countries to check the flow of the offer (i have VPN) and testing the postbackurl in Volumm :confused:

Hey there drluisbarrios, thanks for posting man. First if checking offers landing pages through their links was hard in desktop, let me tell you with mobile is gonna be a straight damn nightmare. Trust me I know lol, cause sometimes you gonna need the exact same mobile phone, from the exact carrier, in the exact country even. You know the great thing about it though? is Gonna be the exact same for your competition.

So you know what I do about it? I don't do anything. I just go and test anyway, by spending 2 or 5 times the payout ammount on the offer. If I got at least one single conversion from it, then I KNOW IT CONVERTS (some just won't at all, no matter how much you spend, for a lot of different reasons), so it is worth to pursue further and start gathering data.

And if by "flow of the offer", you mean mobile content billing offers (one click-flow, mo-flow and whatnot), you only have to ask your friendly affiliate manager. If he can't tell you or even find out, he sucks, and that network is probably a joke, or don't care enough to help you make money with them.

Also if your affiliate network has a report with the best performing offers (they should or they suck), you know those are already making money, yes there may be competition but there's also A LOT of mobile traffic to go around. So I'd go and test those, no matter if they work with my vpn or not, you know they're converting for others, so you won't be flying blind.

You know I started promoting an offer a couple weeks ago, it was new, nobody else was running it or knew if it would convert, you can't even get to the landing page through the offer link, without the exact same OS & country, but I tested it anyway. It has generated $3,271.30 so far, that's what some guys do in a day, but you and me know that's what some people make in a year in our countries. And I don't say this to show off, but to show it can be done. You can actually make a living with mobile marketing if your head and heart are in the right place.

And about testing voluum postback url, you gotta be more specific, cause is probably gonna need a very technical explanation. What do you mean by testing? What's your affiliate network platform (hassoffers/linktrust/cake)? What ad network(s), are you gonna run offers in? So we can start giving you a hand, to become a total tracking ninja :ninja: heh.

Cheers & good luck.

kRzf0pE.jpg

I still can't correct configure Voluum + Adnetwork for tracking conversions and publisher id's. I'm confused from tracking parameters. I tried configure zoneid from adultmoda but I can't capture this id. Kick me in the head.

djcrunk said:
without the exact same OS & country, but I tested it anyway.
Ok, thanks for the advice. I'll do like you say, peel off the plane and in air solve how to manage

djcrunk said:
What do you mean by testing?
I mean test the postbackurl to check if fires when traffic complete the action (download, install, call) to have the certain that the tracking call are properly configured

djcrunk said:
What ad network(s), are you gonna run offers in?
I'm in several AdNetworls but mainly TapIt, AdModa, Desicive and MobiCow

djcrunk said:
hassoffers/linktrust/cake?
I'm testing offer in both Cake and HassOffers

djcrunk said:
Cheers & good luck.
I prefer Success :cool:

Regards and thanks in advance

Sup DjCrunk ive seen you at few other places and you've been keeping real and seem to have a genuine intention of helping people at so Kudos to You man!!

Thanks man, I actually believe that giving back is one of the best kind of investments you can make in life, cause you will always get your ROI, maybe several times on :cool:.

[1] Do you need hosting for advertising at all?

Not really. But that depends on the kind of offers you're running. For dating & other complex lead generation offers (like insurance), yeah much better to have some kickass mobile landing pages (the faster they load the better, cause 3G is not nearly as fast as wifi or regular internet, that's why cloud hosting is recommended). Gaming offers and other kind of free app installs, hell even mobile content (carrier billing), can make money running direct. But then again, a landing page may actually make you more money in the long run (maybe much more).

[2] can you list all of the things you actually need to get started please?

To get started?

1. An affiliate network with subid tracking and postback url capabilities (virtually any network)

2. An advertising network that will pass mobile tracking tokens on your network subids (Placement, OS, Carriers, Device), and btw most ad networks do. That's right you don't even NEED, a third party tracking to START in mobile. I know, MIND=BLOWN, right? lol. Of course, much, much more prefered and safe to use tracking if you got access to it. Still NOT an excuse. Some networks even offer additional free tracking software, btw.

3. BALLS :p

[3*} What advertising platforms do you recommend?

1. Tapit!
2. MMedia
3.Airpush
4.Mobicow
5. Any affiliate friendly mobile network for that matter.

More than anything stick to one traffic source, till you make it work. Unless you have money to burn, scattering your efforts and spreading yourself thin. Or you risk end up piled on with the rest of the ADD affiliates who got burned.

*edited

Nothing is stopping tbh but I' don't have much experience mobile ppc, moslty played with popup/under traffic(like mobicow) so its kind of scary for me lol.
But anyway I've setup tracking(volumm) some days ago and looking to use Airpush(already have some experience).

@djcrunk Can you tell more about traffic quality or good countries for Tapit and mmedia? As you've mentioned them in top positions.
I heard mmedia is has high bids and minimum being 5 cents, I tried it last year with around $100 zero conversions(targeted US maybe that was my problem) but was complete newbie so I must have messed things up.

Anyway have around $2k coming this month from various networks so that should me more than enough to test and find a winning campaign.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm in several AdNetworls but mainly TapIt, AdModa, Desicive and MobiCow

That's three too many ad networks. Choose only ONE and stick to it, cause if you try to become a "jack of all trades" and get good at all traffic sources at once, you won't master any, and you risk ending up burned/broke as well. For affiliate networks with cake platform remember to use s2={ciickid} to pass voluum unique indentifier and not s1.

@djcrunk Can you tell more about traffic quality or good countries for Tapit and mmedia? As you've mentioned them in top positions.
I heard mmedia is has high bids and minimum being 5 cents, I tried it last year with around $100 zero conversions(targeted US maybe that was my problem) but was complete newbie so I must have messed things up.

I can tell you this, quality in both traffic sources is good enough to make you money. And about countries, always look for the ones each network has the most volume in, cause that is where the real money is. What's the point in spending your budget testing an offer in a country where you'll receive barely no traffic at all, even if it converts. You'll spend as much time, effort and risk to optimize it, but with far less ammount of reward.

My philosophy is, adapt the offers to the traffic source, not the other way around. Also watch your spending, hope you didn't spent those $100 in one only offer, cause that'd be crazy. Try spending 2 or 3 times the payout offer when testing, maybe 5 times if your AM tells you it converts.

Cheers.

Last edited:
What's stopping me is i only have 500$ to burn, and i read everywhere that it just isn't enough to get started.

$500 for 'advertising' or for EVERYTHING like server cost, domains and so on?

If you only have $500 for everything and you don't have experience with paid online marketing then yes it will not be easy, not impossible but not easy.

If you only have $500 for everything and you don't have experience with paid online marketing then yes it will not be easy, not impossible but not easy.

500 for everything, i do use bevo so tracking is free, and i have 'some' experience in paid but only 7search and PPV, which is totally different from mobile, so i know that to gather some data 500 is not enough, so that's what's stopping me.

500 for everything, i do use bevo so tracking is free, and i have 'some' experience in paid but only 7search and PPV, which is totally different from mobile, so i know that to gather some data 500 is not enough, so that's what's stopping me.

So you know what I do about it? I don't do anything. I just go and test anyway, by spending 2 or 5 times the payout ammount on the offer. If I got at least one single conversion from it, then I KNOW IT CONVERTS (some just won't at all, no matter how much you spend, for a lot of different reasons), so it is worth to pursue further and start gathering data.

Thanks for sharing all these information djcrunk. I have a question -- how do you manage to use only 2-5 times of the payout to test? On networks like TapIt, the minimum daily budget is $20 which is more than just 2-5x of mobile offer payouts I know.

I'm just getting started with mobile. I've had some success with POF and PPV but the real money and future money is all mobile..imo I'm still getting my tracking all dialed in, I'm using voluum which I'm hearing more and more is the tool of choice.

Great thread

What's stopping me is i only have 500$ to burn, and i read everywhere that it just isn't enough to get started.

$500 dollars to "burn", what the hell is that? No really, I wouldn't know. Cause when I started I didn't have $500 to burn. I had less than that to eat, wear clothes or have a roof above my head. So when I say I was "hungry for success", is not just a matter of speak. You'd be amazed how being nearly broke can motivate your ass and brain to get in gear and start working together, match 1 speed.

If you need $500 to burn, you ain't doing it right. You aren't hungry enough, to work hard and smart, to learn fast on your feet without going broke. You actually have 500 to start learning, and if you spend $500 and learn absolutely nothing from it (like tracking and one specific traffic source, type of offer nuances), then maybe it's not for you. But you will at least know and don't delude yourself. Congratulations, you saved yourself a lot more time and money figuring that out.

I'm sorry but all I hear is fear, fear and more fear. Everything else is just noise. Cause along with greed, are two of the greatest human motivators. Fight-or-flight response. And you know what? Both can make us so freaking dumb. That's why we don't realize, you don't even need to spend on tracking or hosting to make money, cause guess what, there are actually offers that will work direct, and there are ways to tracking using only ad network tokens (of course you need to be smart enough to go after those with the capability in the first place).

Hell even two of the best mobile networks offer FREE tracking software for you. That's how I started, and now if voluum started charging $100/month starting tomorrow I could prolly pay it with a day's profit, so is a no brainer. And you know what? They just extended their free beta all the way to september, happy Labor Day everyone! :cool:

So fear freezes your ass, but maybe for some miracle you step up and give it a try anyway, and you spend some money and get conversions, showing in your dashboard. Then comes greed, and you start picturing yourself in a yacht cruising the pacific already, so you don't figure out you just spent $20 to make $2 back. Bad yuyu. If you wanna bootstrap your affiliate business at the begining, go only after the highest converting offers, the ones performing best in your network, and only test using 2 or 3 times the offer payout, expecting to get %50 of the money you spend back (that means only losing half your test budget). Which is actually awesome. Cause getting back 1/2 or even 1/3 of your test budget, without any optimization, means "money in the bank" to me. Don't be fearful or greedy, be SMART.

Thanks for sharing all these information djcrunk. I have a question -- how do you manage to use only 2-5 times of the payout to test? On networks like TapIt, the minimum daily budget is $20 which is more than just 2-5x of mobile offer payouts I know.

There are other networks with a much lower daily budget. And you can always bid really low and start from there. Better to get little to no traffic while testing and go up slowly. You're just starting after all, you gotta crawl before you walk, and you gotta walk before you run like Usain Bolt.

I'll start mobile marketing once I can fully understand regular marketing online.

“Regular marketing” is probably way too competitive for you to join in being a total newbe. At least when it comes to the paid traffic game. There are already plenty of sharks roaming those waters. So by the time you actually decide to jump in, mobile might be as hard(er) than regular internet marketing, who knows. It’d be at least wise to go into adult dating, since it seems to still being some easier (not easy) money there, at least in the Tier 2,3 countries.

Or you can always go after free SEO/Social traffic, with Jay Wessman's tips and strategies. If they work for you, pay for his course and go "balls to the wall" and give your best to conquer the SEO game.

Arm yourself with knowledge, courage and some budget, that is alright, just know by the time you “fully” understand regular marketing, years might have passed, and may be already too late.

So good luck and proftis everyone. Rise & Grind.

Cheers.

[video=youtube;1Yxi-KwHNks]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Yxi-KwHNks[/video]

For me now is hard optimise campaign. On start I set $10 or $20 and I got back maybe $5 from 1-3 conversion and that is CPI campaign. From this small info is hard get correct targets. Many people clicking on banner only for earning money like publisher or only just so because see interesting banner.

$500 dollars to "burn", what the hell is that? No really, I wouldn't know. Cause when I started I didn't have $500 to burn. I had less than that to eat, wear clothes or have a roof above my head. So when I say I was "hungry for success", is not just a matter of speak. You'd be amazed how being nearly broke can motivate your ass and brain to get in gear and start working together, match 1 speed.

If you need $500 to burn, you ain't doing it right. You aren't hungry enough, to work hard and smart, to learn fast on your feet without going broke. You actually have 500 to start learning, and if you spend $500 and learn absolutely nothing from it (like tracking and one specific traffic source, type of offer nuances), then maybe it's not for you. But you will at least know and don't delude yourself. Congratulations, you saved yourself a lot more time and money figuring that out.

I'm sorry but all I hear is fear, fear and more fear. Everything else is just noise. Cause along with greed, are two of the greatest human motivators. Fight-or-flight response. And you know what? Both can make us so freaking dumb. That's why we don't realize, you don't even need to spend on tracking or hosting to make money, cause guess what, there are actually offers that will work direct, and there are ways to tracking using only ad network tokens (of course you need to be smart enough to go after those with the capability in the first place).

Hell even two of the best mobile networks offer FREE tracking software for you. That's how I started, and now if voluum started charging $100/month starting tomorrow I could prolly pay it with a day's profit, so is a no brainer. And you know what? They just extended their free beta all the way to september, happy Labor Day everyone! :cool:

So fear freezes your ass, but maybe for some miracle you step up and give it a try anyway, and you spend some money and get conversions, showing in your dashboard. Then comes greed, and you start picturing yourself in a yacht cruising the pacific already, so you don't figure out you just spent $20 to make $2 back. Bad yuyu. If you wanna bootstrap your affiliate business at the begining, go only after the highest converting offers, the ones performing best in your network, and only test using 2 or 3 times the offer payout, expecting to get %50 of the money you spend back (that means only losing half your test budget). Which is actually awesome. Cause getting back 1/2 or even 1/3 of your test budget, without any optimization, means "money in the bank" to me. Don't be fearful or greedy, be SMART.

There are other networks with a much lower daily budget. And you can always bid really low and start from there. Better to get little to no traffic while testing and go up slowly. You're just starting after all, you gotta crawl before you walk, and you gotta walk before you run like Usain Bolt.

“Regular marketing” is probably way too competitive for you to join in being a total newbe. At least when it comes to the paid traffic game. There are already plenty of sharks roaming those waters. So by the time you actually decide to jump in, mobile might be as hard(er) than regular internet marketing, who knows. It’d be at least wise to go into adult dating, since it seems to still being some easier (not easy) money there, at least in the Tier 2,3 countries.

Or you can always go after free SEO/Social traffic, with Jay Wessman's tips and strategies. If they work for you, pay for his course and go "balls to the wall" and give your best to conquer the SEO game.

Arm yourself with knowledge, courage and some budget, that is alright, just know by the time you “fully” understand regular marketing, years might have passed, and may be already too late.

So good luck and proftis everyone. Rise & Grind.

Cheers.

[video=youtube;1Yxi-KwHNks]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Yxi-KwHNks[/video]

Never such thing as to late, I can pick it up and learn it whenever. I don't use much paid traffic because most of my leads come from social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. I have plenty of time to be great :D

For me now is hard optimise campaign. On start I set $10 or $20 and I got back maybe $5 from 1-3 conversion and that is CPI campaign. From this small info is hard get correct targets. Many people clicking on banner only for earning money like publisher or only just so because see interesting banner.

That means you're getting -50% to -75% ROI in campaigns with NO optimization at all? Then I'd keep gathering data on the one you got half your testing budget back. In fact, I'd be all over it. Cause even winning campaigns start losing money, until you optimize. Ask anyone that actually makes money in affiliate marketing using paid traffic, and they will tell you the same. If you go around testing till you find a 100% ROI campaign right of the bag, you may as well buy a lottery ticket.

Never such thing as to late, I can pick it up and learn it whenever. I don't use much paid traffic because most of my leads come from social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. I have plenty of time to be great :D

I'm sorry but there is actually such thing as "too little, too late". You may find ways to create more money, but you can't really "create" more time (if you do, you're well on your way to become a trillionaire in no time :cool:). You can only find ways to use the time you already have left, better. If that is getting leads from social media, good for you man, I mean it, and wish you success :D. There are many ways to start with affiliate marketing, is just that mobile, happens to be one of the best for beginners right now, along with adult dating. Like incentive was before, but just like incentive sooner than later it'll become harder to get in. Cause this is the internet and things move iightning fast.

So if somebody's answer to this thread question is, "I don't really care", more power to them. And good for the ones who will actually try. Less competition = more money. That is a fact. And that is why people giving real advice on mobile marketing is so rare (unless they try to sell you some guru-shit-course on "how to make mobile websites for small businesses" or something). Cause they don't want you in. Honestly I'm kinda "torn apart" by this myself lol. Launching campaigns is paying the bills, not writing about it.

But I know how hard it can be to begin in affiliate marketing, sometimes even with the right tools & advice, this is a ruthless business. If somebody tells you this is easy, THEY ARE LYING TO YOU. Affiliate marketing is hard, and if you want success, you better be ready to pay your dues. Work Hard & Smart, to bring in your A game; technical (be willing to learn as much you can), emotional (be willing to lose and keep going), financial (pay your debts, save money, cut expenses and live below your means). Seriously, if your financial health right now is bad, and you already have trouble making rent, don't go into paid traffic yet. Try SEO or social media, anything that's free or need less than $50 to get you going.

LazyAssStoner :: Learn to make money online with a lazy stoner... <-------this is a good place to start.

i know how it feels being at the end of the rope, running out of options fast. That keeps me writing. And I believe that when you give, you get back much more in the end. That's why I think is smart to give at least 10% of your time & money to those in need. Is probably the best kind of investment you can ever make. Even if you're a complete A-hole the other 90% of the time, trust me on that :p. I'm serious, try it, maybe you don't have money, but you DO have time. Then you will feel awesome and rip the rewards of "paying it forward". Cause you will be paid back.

Peace & profits.

[video=youtube;dmWfXKJbn9g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmWfXKJbn9g[/video]

MI
Back