The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Whats more important web design or SEO?

In my view Answer the question of what is more important - web design or SEO, both are essential elements when developing a new web site for your business and be prepared to invest a considerable amount of time to work with your web designers to create the best possible site for your business.

In today's competitive environment building a website alone is not enough. It needs a support from digital marketing or SEO. SEO or search Engine optimization is becoming a good career these days and is constantly evolving as a bigger opportunity for making a good career.

I think both have an important part to play on their own, without anyone of them it will be difficult to lure and maintain ample amount of traffic on website and so will be difficult to get business online

Both are important for ranking, your website should look friendly for easily understanding.
And SEO is the most mandatory factor for ranking.

Both of their own importance. You can't ignore web design. As the google bots is actively looking for broken stuff on your site. Also, SEO is a vast term, covering a lot of territories. Like, if your website has a lot of content, you does not need much SEO. There are many other factors that take down the need of SEO and web design is also one of them.

Give us your thoughts.

It actually depends on the website you have. If you have a business which provides services to your users or selling something, then you have to focus more on web design. On the other hand, if you have a blog site, then you have to focus more on SEO as you usually earn money with the contents/articles you are publishing...:)

Both are equally important if you have good and attractive design then more visitors are come on your site and SEO helps to bring visibility of your site in various search engines. SEO is good for attractive and responsive web design.

Agreed. These two are completely interrelated.

Better design improves SEO directly (lower bounce rate, longer sessions, faster page load, etc). It also improves the value of your SEO efforts by converting clicks into visitors.

Better SEO adds value to your design - not only does adhering to SEO best practices encourage quality (from aesthetic, UX and technical perspectives), it also serves to deliver better data from site visitors.

In my mind: SEO * good design + analytics = great organic performance. Multiplying either of these important variables by zero results in a lot of understanding about the effort you've been wasting, and that's about it :)

you just can't take a coin and remove one side of it.
in the same way, SEO and web design work! both are corelated
SEO works with the friendly web design, interactive web pages to update the unique content, content placement on the web pages and so on.

SEO and web design both are important, with out SEO we cant get traffic to our website. If our website looks good and responsive more visitors will come to our website and SEO helps to bring visibility in different search engines.

I think both are very important. If you do not engage in the promotion of the site, then it will not be the visitors. If only deal with the promotion of the site, the visitor will come to the site and leave it quickly. I do not understand well neither in design nor in SEO. Over time, I plan to do a website redesign. This time I will turn to the professionals)

Last edited by a moderator:
user experience is very important. I d choose design. as @T J Tutor said. SEO to bring traffic. there are many alternative to bring in traffic.

I think it's a matter of priority & what you're looking to do. If you want more conversions then do this: 1st) Have great design with fast loading times 2nd) Implement SEO. SEO takes longer to see the effects of longterm, but it's so worth it in the end :)

In my point of view, both are important because Seo helps your web be more popular and a good design helps your website get positive traffic.

It will be apples to oranges comparison. Both are important because both are for different purposes. Good SEO will bring visitors to your site. On the other hand Good Web design will help you to retain visitors on site and to get your required leads..

Don't forget that Google employs human testers to evaluate sites in for "human factors" that search engine alone cannot see/interpret.

Quote from a tester interview on Searchengineland.com:
"Design tasks ask if the page has a good ratio of main content, supplemental content, and ads. It also asks about the overall design, is it easy to read, clear communication of information, and the like. It’s not about whether the page is beautiful or amazing, but whether or not the normal user could find what they need on the page without getting lost."​

And as Samantha said SEO alone does not guarantee conversion. But yes you certainly have to have both.

MI
Back