“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Whats everyones opinion on MOBE etc?

K

Administrator
Administrator
Internet Marketing Deals
High Converting Landing Pages | ConversionWise
And all these other MLM programs?

I personally think they are designed to get the end guy rich and really don't like seeing respected bloggers and affiliates promoting them but maybe thats just me?

Personally, I'm not a fan.

Sure, granted you can make some killer commissions with MOBE, but it's more or less sort of set up like the Empower Network. You have to buy yourself in to the high end commissions...and to get to those high commissions the "buy in" isn't cheap. Around 5 grand...last time I checked.

I suppose you can re-coup your investment with only a couple of the high end sales, but...I guess for the people that don't it sort of leaves them high and dry.

It's basically the franchise model in a way...

MOBE doesn't get under my skin as much as Empower Network though. Personally I think the whole way they take advantage of newcomers, and making them feel like crap for not upgrading...laying guilt trips on them etc...is downright scummy. And yes, we know who's really making the big cash with those pricks don't we?....pardon the language:)

Anyone who ask me to buy their expensive stuff so I can have the privilege to PROMOTE AT MY OWN EXPENSE their stuff so they cash in on my effort while I earn only a comission, IS NOT WORTH IT!

If I promote someone else product at my own cost in money and time, I will not pay to get that privilege.

I am basically doing them a favor since I have no garantee that I will be able to sell. I am the one who takes the risks. Not them. I should not have to invest in their product since I am the one selling their products at my OWN COST in money and time.

Instead of just earning money with their affiliate, they are earning more money by forcing affiliate to buy their things. This is not longer a relationship of vendor and affiliate.

As a customer I expect customer service and a functioning product I can use and that is worthwhile without having to sell it to someone else.
As an employe I expect a salary without having to pay my employer to work for the company.
As an affiliate, I expect a comission without having to pay for working for that vendor

They are mixing customer vendor relationship with affiliate vendor relationship.

If I have to be a client first, then they are not confident enough in their product to sell it.

As for if this is a scam or not, it does not matter if it is a scam or not. What matters is how clients PERCIEVE IT. If a client feels bad because he or she yielded to pressure sales and guilt trips, I am going to get part of the blame. And if shit hits the fan, I will get splatter by it.

I am not accusing anyone, but I have read some stories and some review. If I have read some stories then potential customers or unhappy customers will read it. A quick google will show some of it. Regardless what happened for real, a product like this can ruin someone reputation or at least tarnish it.

My reputation is more important than some quick comission and going to bed knowing I made a customer happy is more important than any comission. In the end we earn money by bringing something to customers that they may like and can use.

Besides, selling something outside of our niche is difficult. Imagine the average person that are not affiliates or salesman. They are pretty much stuck with a big bill since they would not know where to begin to sell MOBE efficiently. How will they be able to get their money back? Again, I could be blamed.

Someone somewhere will get stuck with the huge bill and not be able to get out of that situation.

So no. MOBE is not for me.

That is just my oppinion.

I don't know MOBE specifically but I dislike the whole MLM concept. Yes, I realize that it's legal but in my mind, it's only a step or two above a pyramid. People on the lower end bust their butts to make their upline money. Yeah, passive income, absolutely nothing wrong with that, that's what we all want. Heck, our CPA networks offer a percentage of signup income. Guess in reality, it is basically just a sales force but it (MLM specifically) doesn't sit well with me for some reason or other.

Some of the programs require you to purchase a minimum dollar value of product every month. Really, come on! SFI is like that, I know. You get commission on your own dollars spent.

I dunno know, I don't mean to offend anyone but all I can think of is Amyway and that probably isn't fair but it is my perception. As @seeqer said, customer perception is everything.

I will add one last thing.

If customers think we sold out for a quick buck or a big comission over something that is seen by some as a scam (I am not saying it is), then as affiliates we lose everything.

It takes time to build a responsive list. We have to earn their trust and work hard at keeping it.

The market is not only about what is legal (mobe is considered legal) but what clients wants or need. Outside the killer comission, the appeal to mobe is limited. I do not find it attractive. Everyone that I have seen post or write something about mobe always mention the killer comission but not much else.

Good diet programs help people stay healthy ... that is great and it is needed
Good way to find a job or generate traffic for websites no matter their niche ... that is great and it is needed
Visibility to targeted traffic and a good landing page to presel; all done by affiliates to help startups get the sales they need ... that is great and it is needed.

They are writers that write good stories that needs visibility. They are people who write amazing books in the gardening niche or dog niche, that is something that is needed. Dating website that offers a good experience but lack the exposure that Plenty of Fish has, needs people to drive traffic.

All these things have an appeal on their own. All these things answer a need. If it is wanted enough and needed enough, people will pay good money for it.

For example, vacations; people pay good money for it.

They are good gig for affiliates. 5$ for every person who give their email when they subscribe to a company list; after 1000 people who signed you have 5000$. You do not need to buy shit from the company to do that. If people are hungry for what it is offered, we can earn a good comission on it and the clients will be happy with us for having shown them what they wanted and will come back to us for more because they trust us and trust what we say. I am NOT going to take any risk with anyones trust. That is bad business to play with fire with other people trust and once its gone thats it. Your stuck with a bad name. I do not need that. Life is hard enough. No commission is worth having a bad name.

AGAIN ... this is all about public perception. This is all about what client see and wants.

Making money online is a niche that can teach how to blog and earn money or generate traffic or write a good copy. They are things in the make money online that can be useful for any companies out there. Some of them may hire us at a good price.

MOBE is about buying something and sell it to get the money back and perhaps sell it some more to make more money.

We do not buy low to sell high like any company would. With MOBE we buy high (full price) sell it same price and get only a cut out of it everytime we sell it.

Basically we are affiliate that have to pay to be affiliates with MOBE.

THATS IT! It does not do anything else or fill a need outside of earning a comission. As for the course (obviously I did not buy it), I never read anything about how helpful it was in teaching people on how to start a business online since it was focused on how to sell MOBE products. Surely someone could use these course to promote stuff but we can find information for FREE online on how to do similar things and for a lot less.

We learn cool things in the DOJO. On Warrior forum if your patient and persistant you can find good posts. Some PLR and master resell sites do offer good courses in selling for alot less per month WITH things you can sell that make 100% commission for real (of course you need to turn it into a unique item first).

Bottom line, MOBE is to costly for the benefits as far as the courses are concerned. Its only appeal is a big commission.

They are client that will feel screwed or as if we try to screw them. The comments online shows that. Right there is all the reason I need to say NO to MOBE or anything else that I will promote.

It is NOT the content that is KING online. It is the CLIENT THAT IS THE ONE TRUE KING (or QUEEN) and the reason why we promote.

I've been following MOBE since John Chow started posting about it. Not really a fan of that type of marketing, but you'd be lying if you said his numbers aren't impressive.

I'm also following Mattew's blog series which you might find interesting:
A Closer Look At MOBE MTTB - Live Case Study & Review

Yeah Matthews someone I really respect especially as he's a brit. I just think the whole model is a little unfair to the new guy.

Ehhhh. It is what it is.

Personally I wouldn't promote MLM but I don’t hold anything against those that do. So long as they are legal and profitable MLMs will exist and although they are kind of shady so is say an adult dating offer filled with fake profiles/messages or a ‘free trial’ re-bill offer that stuffs it’s rebill prices right down in the bottom corner in a size 2 font.

Just like Luke, I also have John Chow in my Digg RSS so i see his blog posts about MOBE and I’m not a fan. I know a guy who sells tools for entrepreneurs and some how to info products but not expensive then he was approached to send his leads to one of the white label coaching companies for a commission split, all he does is forward the lead they unsell the coaching in his name and “fulfill”. He got paid tons of money but people got sold super expensive stuff and whenever there was coaching the people delivering the coaching had an incentive to keep selling more expensive coaching and not focus on helping the client who paid big bucks get some improvements, implementation etc..

I’m not sure if MOBE does it that way but just from the little I read is the seam to have an incentive to keep selling or how else can they pay John Chow a million bucks? It mean he generated 3 million or close to it from leads that came from his site. I don’t have a problem with people being sold expensive stuff but when you get money there has to be an incredible focus on delivering this coaching now and if we knew in real life how many % are implementing this my guess (and I hope I’m wrong) is that most are not implementing much of what they paid for, again, I hope I’m wrong. John Chow probably just sends the leads and he is done at that point, and the leads are going from his site he probably doesn’t know who most are. So it comes down to those people paying big bucks what are they getting and is it worth it. If you are ok with that answer then promote it, right now I’m not and it could be a lack of not understanding. Lets wait a years when more people come out of MOBE and we hear what they got for their money.

When the Warrior Forum lemmings are complaining, that ought to tell you something. Those dummies will hand over money faster than an eye blink for fresh turds if you polish 'em right.

Stay away. STAY FAR AWAY!

banners
Back