monetizer expertmobi
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What was the process like when you hit $1 million in 3-4 months.

Discussion in 'General Affiliate Marketing Forum' started by tabo603, Oct 16, 2013.

1. tabo603

tabo603 Affiliate affiliate

In your latest Rise of Ngo series you mention hitting the million dollar mark in January '09 coming from just a few months earlier, October '08, when you were really struggling.

Could you get into more detail on how this happened?

-What were your activities every day?
    -How many hours a day were you putting in?
    -How many offers were you running?
    -Was it relatively easy once you got profitable campaigns and was it just a matter of scaling out the process?
    -Do you think you got lucky?

That post really opened up my eyes to what's truly possible in this industry.

Thanks again.

1 person likes this.
  2. monetizer
  3. charles_ngo

charles_ngo Affiliate affiliate

- I was so in the zone that nothing else in life mattered. I remember one day I even forgot to eat. I don't recommend this, it's just what happened to me.

- Maybe 18 hours a day, 6 hours of sleep. Back then I knew absolutely nothing about productivity and was just brute forcing things

- Two offers

- Yes. It was instantly profitable but I still kept split testing to make it even more profitable. At that time since the campaign was so profitable, it was just a matter of finding traffic sources and launching.

- I don't believe in the word luck. Fact is there were thousands of other affiliates in that same time period, yet most of them weren't able to do what I did.

I had the resources. At that point I was already on weekly wires, I had an Amex with unlimited spend, and I didn't have a job occupying my time. Lucky is opportunity meets preparation, and I was prepared.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  4. tabo603

tabo603 Affiliate affiliate

Couldn't have asked for a better response. Thanks

5. LukePeerFly

LukePeerFly Super Moderator Super Mod moderator Affiliate Manager Service Manager affiliate

Fantastic. It's amazing how "lucky" people who put the time and effort in seem to get :)

6. blackemil

blackemil Affiliate affiliate

how much did you invested to obtain that profit ?

7. charles_ngo

charles_ngo Affiliate affiliate

Not sure, maybe $300k? I remember I was doing 300%+ ROI's.

The question is how did I have $300k at that point? I had an Amex Plum card that had unlimited spend, and I was on weekly and even daily wires.

To take advantage of luck, you have to be prepared for it.

1 person likes this.
  8. blackemil

blackemil Affiliate affiliate

Thanks for the honest answer !
    You have to spend money to make money. I understand that. Curently i am saving to get into paid traffic area. Since my main income comes from SEO.

Thanks again charles. I am a big fan . Reading your blog and posts daily :D

Featured Resources (View All)

MI