monetizer banners
  1. The Essential Kit For Affiliate Marketers

Guaranteed to work, always updated, top quality essentials.
    Easy to work and packed with features that make you more money.
    Coming Soon.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What turns a site to a blog?

Discussion in 'General Internet Marketing' started by temi, Jun 21, 2007.

1. temi

temi Facilitator affiliate

I saw a bidding web directory with some mods that make it appear to be a blog to Technocriati. Does anyone know what function/hack that makes a site appear to be a blog to Technocrati?

2. monetizer
  3. Bagi Zoltán

Bagi Zoltán Boss Cart consultant affiliate

Temi, i think the xml feed make a site behave as a blog. As i see the apoundalink script also has an rss output, so after submitting it into technorati it will behave as a blog.:)

4. temi

Thanks very much for that tip, I will submit it there and see :)

5. temi

I have looked into this more, its seems you need more than XML feeds. I think the site also needs to be able to launch ping back, refback and some other funky sounding functions

6. Bagi Zoltán

Temi, my directory hasn't got any of those functions and judged as a blog, so i guess xml would do the job.

7. temi

I see your point.. I will keep looking into it. And you are sure the script you use for your directory does not have a built in fuction other than the feeds?

8. Bagi Zoltán

I submitted the domain.com/latest_rss.php which is a simple php file generates the feed from the database. Temi, the indexscript is a very simple script so i doupt it would have any blog tranform function.

May i ask you which website would you like to transform?

9. temi

Bagi,
    I followed your suggestion and it worked. I use a point a link as a test, its now recognised by Technocrati as a blog if you look here

But I am really doing this research for the new link bid script , to help users get the added benefit I want them to have the option to make it behave like a blog.

10. Bagi Zoltán

I think Temi you should do a little benchmarking. I'm sure you know the competitor script so if i were you i would check those scripts asap:D

11. temi

This function is not in any of the script but I saw a saw a site owner who added this function by himself and I thougth umm, that is nice, I will make it a standard featured of linkbidscript :)

12. Bagi Zoltán

Temi i guess right after we review the script you may reserve your programmers for creating the version2.0. At least i hope we have valuable some suggestion about additional features:D

13. menj

menj Affiliate affiliate

Looking forward to this link bid script, but does it support categories? I sure hope it does.

- MENJ

14. temi

Yes, you can run categories or the classic alphabetic version, you can also change from one to the other on the fly

15. temi

Will certainly leave some that for that Bagi :)

Top Resources

MI