The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

What turns a site to a blog?

temi

affiliate
I saw a bidding web directory with some mods that make it appear to be a blog to Technocriati. Does anyone know what function/hack that makes a site appear to be a blog to Technocrati?

Temi, i think the xml feed make a site behave as a blog. As i see the apoundalink script also has an rss output, so after submitting it into technorati it will behave as a blog.:)

I have looked into this more, its seems you need more than XML feeds. I think the site also needs to be able to launch ping back, refback and some other funky sounding functions

I see your point.. I will keep looking into it. And you are sure the script you use for your directory does not have a built in fuction other than the feeds?

I submitted the domain.com/latest_rss.php which is a simple php file generates the feed from the database. Temi, the indexscript is a very simple script so i doupt it would have any blog tranform function.

May i ask you which website would you like to transform?

Bagi,
I followed your suggestion and it worked. I use a point a link as a test, its now recognised by Technocrati as a blog if you look here

But I am really doing this research for the new link bid script , to help users get the added benefit I want them to have the option to make it behave like a blog.

I think Temi you should do a little benchmarking. I'm sure you know the competitor script so if i were you i would check those scripts asap:D

This function is not in any of the script but I saw a saw a site owner who added this function by himself and I thougth umm, that is nice, I will make it a standard featured of linkbidscript :)

Temi i guess right after we review the script you may reserve your programmers for creating the version2.0. At least i hope we have valuable some suggestion about additional features:D

Looking forward to this link bid script, but does it support categories? I sure hope it does.

- MENJ

Looking forward to this link bid script, but does it support categories? I sure hope it does.

- MENJ
Yes, you can run categories or the classic alphabetic version, you can also change from one to the other on the fly

banners
Back