The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

What Makes an Affiliate Want to Get out of Bed in the Morning?

Linda Buquet

affiliate
What gives you the drive to want to get out of bed in the morning and start your affiliate marketing day? Different things drive different people.

Many affiliates "say" it's the money they are driven by, but for most, there's a <strong>deeper psychological driver</strong>. If you are lucky enough to be in a niche that really helps people, then wanting to make a difference in the world could be your driver. For many the prime driver is the freedom to be their own boss and for others the fear of having to go back to a sucky J.O.B. is what really motivates them. <strong>What drives you???</strong>

I was just reading a good post today by Finch that talks about his drivers and almost every affiliate can find something they relate to in his story.

<strong><a href="http://finchsells.com/2009/11/23/how-does-an-affiliate-marketer-get-out-of-bed/">How Does An Affiliate Marketer Get Out Of Bed?</a></strong>

Motivation is a rare commodity that comes and goes. You can be rolling in money and still feel the need to work that extra campaign with just one more split test before you call it a night. Likewise, you can be struggling badly and for some reason still find it impossible to break the pattern of procrastination.

I recently tweeted that anybody who works as an affiliate marketer for more than 10 years is a wild savage beast who needs to be put down. Judging by the responses, I’m not the only one who’s felt that strain.

It's my family that motivates me in two different ways. My daughter and fiancee make me strive to do the best for our future. The rest keep trying to pursuade me to "get a real job" which motivates me to prove them terrably wrong.

The thought that I can help my husband pay off the debts and hopefully make it possible very soon for us to winter in Florida drives me. If he's happy, I'm happy. :)

I do enjoy networking with others online and helping out newbies, too, so that also helps me get out of bed.

I am enjoying the beginnings of the trade, looking at google analytics to see how many visitors I had yesterday, then looking at clickbank to see if any converted to sales (none yet :()..... Im sure that once I have the hang of things a little more the motivation will be more money orientated, but at the moment the motivation is the excitement :)

Mine "was" the ability to help others. This is the last level playing field in the world where anyone can make what they want to make as far as money is concerned. It was hard for me to break away from the grind also. I think fear of failure was a major motivator for me also.

Having the ability to get up at 9 or 10 in the morning and being able to cook my own breakfast with no rush was a motivator for me also because before i got into online marketing, I owned a construction company, and that was early hours every day.

Being able to buy my Mother the new car she wanted ( Jag S Series ) was a motivator, being able to spend time with my kids, working in my wood shop, going on vacation on a whim. Having the ability to eat lunch in the mountains of Colorado and then dinner in south Florida if I choose to was a motivator.

I guess it was about freedom and the security of knowing that I can take care of my family, the honor of "doing it right". The thrill of learning what makes people tick and then watching your copy make them tick. Providing good and fair priced products to the world that makes a difference in their lives.

I went through a nasty divorce several years ago also, so I can relate to the post, and at that time it was something to keep my mind busy so I did not dwell on the situation I was in and since there was no "place" to work with a time clock, they could not make me go home and think about my tragedy. Probably saved my life.

I have had the tears, the joy, frustration, excitement and the bumps, bruises, fear, good times and bad of the road less traveled.

The great part is that I would do it all again if I had to start over and go through the same or worse.

I do not know if the statistics are real, but I have heard that less than 1% of affiliate marketers ever make a sale. So looking at that number, you can prove to yourself that you are special, that you are good enough be be in the top 1% or better, that you are you, and no one is like you and that you have something to offer humanity by excelling at affiliate marketing.

There are probably hundreds of reasons as to why I paid the price with total saturation of myself in affiliate marketing.

BTW, I am due to get "put down" this November by the time line given! Lol

Part of it is the money but a bigger part is getting new campaigns to promote in my email. Seeing how many hits I got the day before, coming up with more creative promotion techniques.

Money will definitely be a driver because we can't enjoy the lifestyle we desire without earning it.

For me, being really passionate about what I love to do makes me excited to get up and go do it! In affiliate marketing, you get to meet so many different people from diverse backgrounds so you are always learning something new every day!

Most of people I know that are in online business do it because they love it and money isn't that important to them. They started doing it harder when money started to roll in. And everyone would expect that they will take some time off with all that money.

I think for some of us it goes a lot deeper than just "money money money". Of course we all want to earn - everyone should want to be self-supporting and earn their living and some of us face challenges that make it very difficult to hold down a typical 9 to 5 (or other scheduled hours) job. Affiliate marketing poses an opportunity to work when you can. For me that rates even higher than the almighty greenback.

For example, now I find myself in the position of caregiver for my parents, with my whole world turned upside down. There is NO way I could commit to a precise set of hours to go somewhere and work.

MI
Back