The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

What it Takes to Succeed

Will Edwards

affiliate
This is my first (proper) post here - I did briefly say 'hi' in the Welcome Forum - and I always like to start by providing a little value, so I hope the following will be useful to some people here.

Focus

My online journey began back in 2003 when I began my main website. I had previously false-started a couple of times, but the new site was going to be a project I was determined to stick with. Today, 10 years later, I make a full time income on the internet, mostly passively.

So that's the first thing I wanted to say. If you are just starting out, make sure you are prepared to stay the course.

Focus is a real key to success ...

F = Follow
O = One
C = Course
U = Until
S = Successful

Patience

Do you know what Internet Marketers and Doctors have in common? Yes - you got it - they both need a lot of patience (patients) ;)

But the thing is that far too many people don't have enough of that stuff. In my case, it took me 8 years to get to the stage where I could quit the day job - I finally did that about 18 months ago. But it has been a great ride so far and I am really looking forward to ramping things up over the coming years.

So, have patience. The truth is that you can make money from virtually any market if you are prepared to put in enough work. In my case, I chose Personal Development as the central theme for my main site. If I were to start again, I would not choose that market. Instead, I would find a specific problem; a solution for which people were actively searching and for which they were prepared to pay.

But the reason I mentioned my choice of market is to illustrate that you really can succeed in any market and I know that because I succeeded, despite making a poor initial choice.

Determination

In my Personal Mentoring course, one of the questions I always ask is about how determined people are to succeed. It nearly always provokes the same kind of response i.e. that they are willing to do 'whatever it takes' and that is, unquestionably, the right answer.

But what I often find is that people often do not demonstrate those qualities of determination and persistence. Sometimes, at internet marketing forums, I hear people saying that 'nothing works' but the truth is that 'everything works'. In other words, whatever you choose to do (and, if you want to succeed, you must actually do something) will produce some kind of result.

So stick with what works, chuck away what doesn't and learn to leverage your efforts to increase your results.

Be Proactive

Recognise that the power to succeed in in your own hands. You have everything you need to succeed already within you.

What you need to do is work out what the return is for any given unit of effort and then you will be on your way. Once you know, specifically, what an article, an advertisement, a blog post, an email swap, a JV and a myriad other causes actually produces, in terms of return, then you can figure out exactly how to scale your efforts and produce the results you want.

Don't complain that it is hard. Instead be grateful for the wonderful opportunity that you have to make your dreams a reality.

And Good luck to you.

Will :)

Thank you
For this
Focus is something very critical to our success

We lose and diminish alot of our effort when we focus on stuff that ainot going to move us forward

Distraction is such a poison
Hope that I make us of your advice

It would be really nice for every single person who wants to make money online to start seeing results within their first few days online. It is too bad that it does not work like that and what most newbies don't get is that it takes time and effort to really start seeing results.

It took me 5+ years to really start making money after I found my own mentor who has really helped me succeed.

Most newbies will quit "internet marketing" after 1-3 days after they get started. That's just too bad.

MI
Back