The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What is the difference of Mobile Device and operating System

TrafficYoda

I searched google and tried to understand the difference but failed to do so...
Is it the same thing? Or is it different? If it is how so?
When you test these targets is it good to seperate them?
If they are the same what Device are the same with OS?

From what I know...a mobile device is the phone...i.e iphone6, iphone 6s, galaxy s7, google nexus etc. The OS is the system which the phone runs on, so apple phones run ios, androids run currently on marshmellow and so on.

HTH

Hmm so there's a targetting option on chooseing the device and os
If I choose Samsung device but choose IOS for os it would bring 0 traffic correct?

Hmm so there's a targetting option on chooseing the device and os
If I choose Samsung device but choose IOS for os it would bring 0 traffic correct?
Yes, correct.
But I'm pretty sure that no one system would allow setting up those two targeting rules together.
There is also a difference in Deviсe brand and Deviсe model targeting.
For example, you can target only one model SGH-I747 from Samsung brand.

Last edited:
Yes, correct.
But I'm pretty sure that no one system would allow setting up those two targeting rules together.
There is also a difference in Devise brand and Devise model targeting.
For example, you can target only one model SGH-I747 from Samsung brand.

Thank you so much for clearing this up. Unfortunately
Popads do allow you to chose that way making 0 traffic LOL.

A mobile device is just that gadget that you use to communicate. In fact it is a complete package with inclusion of the operating system. On the other hand, the operating system is a software that powers the mobile phone. It enables you make calls among other key operations. Ever heard of android? If yes then that is an operating system. Sam-sung is a mobile device.

A mobile device is just that gadget that you use to communicate. In fact it is a complete package with inclusion of the operating system. On the other hand, the operating system is a software that powers the mobile phone. It enables you make calls among other key operations. Ever heard of android? If yes then that is an operating system. Sam-sung is a mobile device.
Sum it up clearly thank you!

banners
Back