The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What is Search Engine 950 Penalty

temi

affiliate
I saw someone mention a Search Engine 950 Penalty at another forum, never heard of it before, has anyone got any ideas what that is?

A guy at my seo forum said today that his site was penalized and dropped so he couldn't find his site among the first 1000 results. After he dropped the URL i found a noindex meta robot tag. So i think the cause of penalties like this can be originated from robots meta tags or the inproper use of robots.txt file.

There are a couple of Google 'hits', triggered for whatever reason. One is a 30 penalty where a site will sit outside the top 30 no matter what you do to it (unless you are really good like me and can identify why LOL) the other is the kiss of death where your site takes a hit and refuses to show within the top 950 results, just sitting there while on paper EVERYTHING says you should be first page.

Some refer to them as over optimisation penalties, but there are many more reasons than that. Too many to list (for free anyhow ;) )

OWG, how much would you charge for telling us some more details about the solution?:eek:

It is not the same for all sites. It is normally caused by a combination of elements ie out of balance. Much the same as the mysterious sandbox affect, these pealties only happen under certain sets of circumstances.

The downside is that if you know what they are, and if the on page stuff is suitable, a competitor is able to google bowl you :(

I though so far that the google bowl is a danger which no need given circumstances, but demand a required level of costs, so at blackhatseo blog i read that all you need to do to bowl one's site is to pay the bill, about 2000 USD or so. Otherwise one of the sites i represent can not reach the top, and it is out of the top 30 so it can said to be penalized. I think the 7000 links i gathered were a bit too many in 2 months:D

7000 backlinks in 2 months is not a problem, it is where they are from and the anchor text that is doing the damge most likely.

OWG, thanks for the clarification. May i say that the unnatural link building (many backlinks from few domains with little variety of anchor texts) are the cause of this kind of penalties?

banners
Back