The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

What is best for Beginner :Facebook or 7search or POF or others?

macgirl

affiliate
Hi,

Please as a beginner I'd like to know which Adverting media is the best to start making money : Facebook or 7search or POF or other? :confused:

also can you please provide me with a good guide? :D

Thank alot :)

Re: What is best for Beginner :Facebook or 7search or POF or oth

There is no best answer really. They can all be good. As far as I can see 7Search is an inexpensive way to learn about PPC. In all likelihood you WILL loose money at first, so you have to be prepared for that.

@macgirl: You might get a good idea of 7search after reading Luke's blog. They also provide you with 25$ free adveritsing after you deposit 50$ into your account, so you get 75$.

Get more information from here: Setting up a 7Search Campaign

IMO, you shouldn't start with 7search, start with Facebook Internation (outside of US, UK, CA, etc.). This guide here is exelent and if you want you can get a 50$ coupon. If you pay on a CPM basis (you should only pay like that internationally) you can generally pay between 0.02$ and 0.05$, so if you get a 0.1% CTR that is 100 clicks for 5$ max with facebook quality traffic. On 7search minimum is 0.01$ but you end up paying something like 0.05$ minimum for most keywords that give volume and the quality is much worse.

I'll also PM you in a few moments ;)

Good Luck.

IMO, you shouldn't start with 7search, start with Facebook Internation (outside of US, UK, CA, etc.). 50$ coupon[/URL]. If you pay on a CPM basis (you should only pay like that internationally) you can generally pay between 0.02$ and 0.05$, so if you get a 0.1% CTR that is 100 clicks for 5$ max with facebook quality traffic. On 7search minimum is 0.01$ but you end up paying something like 0.05$ minimum for most keywords that give volume and the quality is much worse.

I'll also PM you in a few moments ;)

Good Luck.

I PM'd you back :)

If you hold tight i will have a nice 7search coupon for you within the week!

Start with the networks less likely to bring the hammer down on you:

7 search > POF > Facebook

Start with 7search, learn PPC then you will have a better understanding of PPC which you can then apply to POF and then FB. With 7 search they are very flexible with most niches, POF slightly more strict and FB much more strict with what they allow you to do.

Trade off for 7 search are the offers don't convert as well as other 2.

I began with adcenter and facebook together, both need different approach to begin in my opinion.

Because search ppc, you need to think about which angle you can attack, normally with long tail keywords, using 7search will allow to get you foot wet in the begining, but it's not how you should do it in adword and adcenter.

For demographic based ppc, it's good because you don't have to do as much keywords research, although you do have to find where your target hangs out, find out the site they are likely to hangout, research the sites. And with your angle of attack, you can forget a campaign that speaks to them.

There are much to learn from these two types of traffic sources. I'd say pick one, get your feet wet first, don't over think about this, just do it!

POF is something I have been intrigued about for a while. I have read a lot about it and have also been encouraged by several Affiliate Managers to give it a good go. However, something has stopped me from jumping in right away, possibly because I have a feeling it is full of very experienced marketers already and the competition will be stiff. However, I'm learning to not be put off by competition, so it may be something I check out in future.

I imagine, as a dating site, it is dominated by offers in the dating niche, but I have heard there is scope for targeting offers from many different niches, so well worth testing I imagine. I don't want to be one of those marketers who jumps from platform to platform quickly, so I think I will be holding off on POF for a while longer.

The demographic targeting within Facebook is unmatched by the other networks.

7Search, I've burned through $50, and have not had any success.

With that being said, you can run Facebook ads, and burn $50 without any success too. It all depends on how you market really.

I like the ease of POF and how they are affiliate friendly more than most platforms. 7search I ran through my adspend without any conversions FB is getting tough and act like dicks so be prepared to go through hell using them. POF has a crazy demographic tool as well so really you can run just about anything there with the right targeting and approach.

when you use PPC marketing for your affiliate campaigns you need to do as much split testing as possible because you will end up losing alot of money if you dont. expect to lose some money at first anyway. thiis causes alot of people to give up because they lose some money and move on. most campaigns can be profitable you just need to find the right demographic and right venue. you have to laser target it.

I've never advertised affiliate offers on Facebook. Do they allow CPA offers other than dating? I've seen on forums affiliates post that they suspend various ad campaigns.

I've never advertised affiliate offers on Facebook. Do they allow CPA offers other than dating? I've seen on forums affiliates post that they suspend various ad campaigns.
Its a game of cat and mouse, prepare to use proxies, cloakers and alot of time and effort.

Its a game of cat and mouse, prepare to use proxies, cloakers and alot of time and effort.

Hmm, makes it sound something that a beginner should avoid, rather than jump right in to! The last thing a beginner needs is to feel frustrated and to feel as though something is working against them.

If you start on Facebook it's better to start with international because it can be very cheap (0.02$-0.05$ CPM). Cloaking is not that difficult from what I saw, if you do a "free iphone" offer get a domain, iframe something like the apple store -> Official Apple Store - Buy the new iPad and MacBook Pro with Retina display, iPhone, iPod, and More - Apple Store (U.S.) and they will accept the ad it as long as you don't use the spammy words. "Get an Iphone 4" is good along with some images. Once they have approved just change the iframed site to the offer's link :D Everytime you make a change in the title or image(s) you HAVE to put the apple store iframed again.

banners
Back